Censorship in metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you actually attempting to compare anti-christianism to racism?

It's one thing to be against a set of rules, ideas, and instructions, to be against a belief. It is another thing entirely to be against a certain ethnicity. Just because someone does things that have been deemed offensive or doesn't agree with the Christian church on every issue doesn't mean they support the subjugation and degredation of an entire group of people based entirely on their place of birth or heritage.

Yes, and in many ways they're the same ... but my point was "How far is too far" in the metal scene.

Dudes, I may do things to piss people off but do you really think I would go this far? Don't be idiots!

I was trying to block spammers posting "Myth war online" but for some reason it was picking up the words separately. Should be fixed now.

...and feel free to spam the hell out of the sites myth.war.online.com and voyage.century.online.com (without the breaks) since they don't seem to listen to me when I tell them to stop posting their crap spam here.

Dudes, I may do things to piss people off but do you really think I would go this far? Don't be idiots!

I was trying to block spammers posting "Myth war online" but for some reason it was picking up the words separately. Should be fixed now.

...and feel free to spam the hell out of the sites myth.war.online.com and voyage.century.online.com (without the breaks) since they don't seem to listen to me when I tell them to stop posting their crap spam here.

Deron....I love you, and I should never have doubted you!

FUCK CUNT SHIT ASS DICK COCK PUSSY VAGINA PENIS SHIT DIPSHIT COCKSUCKER MOTHER FUCKER SON OF A BITCH TWAT ASSHOLE FUCKER DRUGS my pals CRACKER SPIC TOWEL HEAD MARIJUANA HEROIN CRACK COCAINE METH ALCOHOL

Of my fucking god jesus fucking christ mary saint joseph

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FUCK
Now that is KRIEG.:heh: :kickass:

I honestly don't care about censorship in music as long as there is an option to buy it uncensored. I have never bought an album from a store that had censored lyrics anyways. I guess for people who live out in the boonies where their only source of a music store is Wal-Mart I can see how it would be a problem. Then again Wal-Mart doesn't carry many if any metal albums. Mail Order/eBay is your friend in that case.

Yes, and in many ways they're the same ... but my point was "How far is too far" in the metal scene.
But the differences are far too great and obvious between them to pretend they are very comparable.

For me, too far is when you lose track of the basest logic that is necessary to be reasonable. Obviously that's debatable, as is what is and isn't logical. But there is no concrete answer, only subjective conjecture. Some people can't see the difference between hating everyone, and hating...say...just blacks. General misanthropy is understandable. Humans can be disgusting things, and are often worthy of being despised. But singling out one ethnicity as being exempt from this is just ignorant. No group of people is so worthy of praise based solely on their skin color.

I'm not saying I support banning or censoring or boycotting NSBM. Everyone should be free to say what they want, to get their message out. It's their music, their hate. They can do what they want with it. But there is good reason that not all black metal enthusiasts are also NSBM fanatics.

I honestly don't care about censorship in music as long as there is an option to buy it uncensored. I have never bought an album from a store that had censored lyrics anyways. I guess for people who live out in the boonies where their only source of a music store is Wal-Mart I can see how it would be a problem. Then again Wal-Mart doesn't carry many if any metal albums. Mail Order/eBay is your friend in that case.
I live out in the Boonies but neevr buy from Wal-Mart, they don't carry what I want music wise anyways. I buy when I go to the mall 45 minutes away.

Sometimes I wonder why more people aren't upset about metal. The lyrics actually are extremely explicit. You get right wing lunatics bitching about Marilyn Manson, why not about almost every extreme metal band?

Sometimes I wonder why more people aren't upset about metal. The lyrics actually are extremely explicit. You get right wing lunatics bitching about Marilyn Manson, why not about almost every extreme metal band?

Marilyn Manson shares the mainstream audience. For example madonna has had problems with christians also. Something has to be somewhat a breakthrough for the wrong people to end up coming across it and having a problem with it. Majority of the population does not know majority of metal exists to complain about it. All these people do not even matter anyways when it comes to anything so let them bitch.

Marilyn Manson shares the mainstream audience. For example madonna has had problems with christians also. Something has to be somewhat a breakthrough for the wrong people to end up coming across it and having a problem with it. Majority of the population does not know majority of metal exists to complain about it. All these people do not even matter anyways when it comes to anything so let them bitch.
Yeah, I wonder if most evangelist preachers know who Deicide is, probably not many but a few just out of censorship known from that guy Glen used to be a call-in guest to on the show.

froma US constitutional standpoint censorship violates the first ammendment that grants freedom of speech

personally i think its ****** **** **** ****** ****** *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.