Censorship in metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell Mike

fuck melodic black metal
Aug 22, 2003
Norrland
www.nasheim.se
What is your view upon censorship in metal, other music or just stuff in general? Heading to***ds a totalitarian state? ***ped minds ruling all? Something to *** with the government over?

Well I like to tu*** and sometimes que**** ab**** s***. F**s***, gh* and less *****. I was like "****! W**** stupid fucking bicycle an****!". You know what I"m s**ing?

And that's how I feel about censorship.

I've never heard censorship in metal before only in rap and some other music and i'll tell you what I think of it:

Censorship is ****** ******* ****** ****** ****** **** ***** ** ***** ****** ***** **** ******* ******* ****** *** * *** ***** ****** ***** ****** ** ** ****** ******* ****** **** ****** ****** ***** ********* ***** ***** ****** ***** ***** **** **** *** ****** ********** ******* ****** **** **** ******* **** * ** ******** ********

get it?

Censorship is utter shi'te, it should be up to parents to stop their damned kids from being exposed to things by being active in their kids lives; however, because America (or anywhere else) is just 'too big', people feel they can't be the strongest influence on their little shi't stains minds.

In music, I completely agree with Frank Zappa
In science - nothing should be censored
Religion should not have a say in what is and isn't applicable in a god damned secular society

On national matters - that is just too long of a thing to post (at least in my own words)

My point: F.U.C.K. censorship

Reactions: cookiecutter
Does anyone know the full story behind Germany and Cannibal Corpse? It seems they didn't censor anything except, inexplicably, Cannibal Corpse albums, which just recently lifted in 2006. Can anyone elaborate on how this happened? All I can think of is a convoluted collective of some people who commanded a lot of pull in legislation, who, upon seeing their covers in a record store said "Hm, I don't like these. They shouldn't be here." :p

What the hell is with UM and censoring the word W.A.R.
to***ds...................tow.a.r.ds
world *** II..............world w.a.r. II
***d...................aw.a.rd
etc.

Someone care to explain this? What else is banned here?

edit: What the fucking hell? I can say CUNT CASKET but not ***? That blows. Man, and I really like the way Iron Maiden writes songs about ***. NOW HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL PEOPLE THAT?

FUCK CUNT SHIT ASS DICK COCK PUSSY VAGINA PENIS SHIT DIPSHIT COCKSUCKER MOTHER FUCKER SON OF A BITCH TWAT ASSHOLE FUCKER DRUGS my pals CRACKER SPIC TOWEL HEAD MARIJUANA HEROIN CRACK COCAINE METH ALCOHOL

Of my fucking god jesus fucking christ mary saint joseph

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FUCK

This makes me remember something I've been meaning to make a topic on but realized I never had enough examples to start a topic on it ...

Why do black metal bands, who have no problem yelling anti-Christian themes and other generally "offensive" things, have an issue with racism? I see it often enough for me to wonder about it, the most recent example being Wolves in the Throne Room. I mean, how far is too far for them? Since when have they become humanists? Why would BM bands oppose racism, when they fight against the "good" of society? Sure the NSBM scene is the exception to the rule, and people like Varg go against this thing but I see it quite enough to wonder about it.

This makes me remember something I've been meaning to make a topic on but realized I never had enough examples to start a topic on it ...

Why do black metal bands, who have no problem yelling anti-Christian themes and other generally "offensive" things, have an issue with racism? I see it often enough for me to wonder about it, the most recent example being Wolves in the Throne Room. I mean, how far is too far for them? Since when have they become humanists? Why would BM bands oppose racism, when they fight against the "good" of society? Sure the NSBM scene is the exception to the rule, and people like Varg go against this thing but I see it quite enough to wonder about it.
Are you actually attempting to compare anti-christianism to racism?

It's one thing to be against a set of rules, ideas, and instructions, to be against a belief. It is another thing entirely to be against a certain ethnicity. Just because someone does things that have been deemed offensive or doesn't agree with the Christian church on every issue doesn't mean they support the subjugation and degredation of an entire group of people based entirely on their place of birth or heritage.

censorship of metal and other music genre's would never happen in the U.S. as much as the far right would like it to happen... they tried it in the 80's with Tipper Gore and her PMRC and didn't succeed.. the best that came out of it was wa*rning stickers about lyrics and such on CD covers... this isn't Germany with it's censoring of Cannibal Corpose after all lol ... :Smug:

Status
Not open for further replies.