Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years of Wasted Youth)CD+DVD

COB are very lazy with their movies from RRF, but better than just haveing the band playing with stupid clips from who the fuck cares stories. Too bad Alexi and his management are dumb mothertruckers and dont do movies like Everytime I Die! Guess they cant top that one anyways...

"Children Of Bodom are like an ADHD kid let loose on the Megadeth back catalogue"

That's just fucking tasteless, ignorant and arrogant. Megadeath? I once checked their music on the internet, it fucking sucked. Maybe if this was targeted at the new style of Bodom then I'd accept it.

"If you’re looking for intellectual depth, cathartic intensity and any semblance to art, this is not the record for you. If you want to drink a few beers, bang your head and grin like a loon, welcome to your personal nirvana. "

:lol: It's clear this guy is a COB hater. Altough, then again, it seems his implication is spot on when it's targeted at the worst aspect of the band's new influences (which I keep whining about). The dwarves and drunk bullshit and shit riffing is not why I'm here for either, it's the other side of the material which encompasses the recipe for perfect music.

But you can't really blame the reviewer; this is the image COB want to portray themselves with by presenting HCDR as opener for the compilation. That song heralds the moment COB stopped being inspired by the Lake/Reaper/etc influences and the the whole thing became nothing but a joke to them. (When ironically the song before on the album, Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood, marked the last song with that epic old-school Bodom vibe.) Honestly, I'd rather get stung by a lightning than play HCDR to my family when they ask what kinda music I listen to. Never understood what the FUCK is up with that song - or these new influences in general - sorry guys, but wake the fuck up!

"songs like Hate Me, Needled 24/7 and Sixpounder are either an all-out assault on what is good and pure in music"

:erk: This guy's either some classic guitar wanking Anathema fag or just doesn't understand guitar at all.

I'm only interested to check them to see if COB want to change their sound or if they're stuck forever in the same sound.