Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years of Wasted Youth)CD+DVD

A little of the topic, but I just have to share this because it made me laugh my ass off: I met Janne at a bar once but didn't really talk with him, just bought him a white russian. At first I wasn't 100% sure it was him. But then the video for "Needled 24/7" started playing on the screen and the expression on his face convinced me that it actually was him. :lol:

What kind of expression did he have when the video started playing?

Just came in the mail \m/
2s9axvl.jpg

2eqg8zp.jpg

What kind of expression did he have when the video started playing?

Well, as most of people here know, they hate the video because the director made all decisions without considering the bands opinion. So Jannes expression was like :erk: for a split second. Then he quickly started a conversation with his friend, trying to ignore the video. :lol:

It sold only 600 copies in the first week in US. Thats not so much if you compare RRF for example.... It's a collection for sure but still - 600!!!!

It sold only 600 copies in the first week in US. Thats not so much if you compare RRF for example.... It's a collection for sure but still - 600!!!!

I'm not surprised that the compilation sells less than 'real' albums. One major reason is probably the fact that the new stuff (dvd and two covers) were uploaded to youtube.

One thing (I personally believe on feeling-basis) best of -albums need to sell is a particularly good artwork, and the Holiday artwork is not that interesting honestly. I personally think best of -albums are actually less attractive than singular albums as they're a mish mash of songs from different albums; I at least want an album to be a "personal" recording of songs instead of a compilation, so I won't ruin my experience of a band by jumping straight to the hits. But the thing is these albums are bought by people who are interested in a band, but not 'that' interested. How much people are there 'a bit interested' in COB, as it's a love or hate band? Obviously this is a great release, I would only have done a couple song selections different and a different artwork, but those are up to personal taste I guess.

Yeah, First I thought "it's on compilation". But compilation almbums actually sells quite qood in the US.

And after all even if they(compilations) wouldn't sell good its lowsy quantity. RRF sold sold so much...

The two covers in the youtube doesn't explane that much...

Well, if you think about a person that is a little bit interested in Bodom and might consider buying one of their albums, shouldn't he get this best of release. Theoretically this should start selling a lot. But what I personally think could've been made better, is the artwork (a deck of cards is not interesting imo) and also the title of the release, together with a few song selections.

I'd personally have made something like the 'Reaper's reflection on the lake surface' for artwork.
The title I could've put 'Murders at Lake Bodom', if it was considered juridically risk-free.
Then as for the tracklist, for the opener I'd have picked Everytime I Die. (Then I'd like to have Knuckleduster for 2nd track and SNBN for 3rd, but the sudden change in sounds is so radical I'm not sure if people could handle it.)
This is just one of the ways I could've had it... I realize I perceive art and music a bit different (I like more doomish and atmospheric stuff) than what is natural for the modern Bodom.

Those sales figures (regarding US) are very deceptive, only a very few stores are counted. I think I read something similar about "low" sales of Finnish bands in America (COB too?), in a Finnish music magazine a few years back.

Those sales figures (regarding US) are very deceptive, only a very few stores are counted. I think I read something similar about "low" sales of Finnish bands in America (COB too?), in a Finnish music magazine a few years back.

That doesn't explane why RRF sold so well. The figures came from the same source. It doesn't matter if very few stores are counted. In as big place as US is really really low sales..

dvd is already uploaded on youtube, so are the new cover songs. maybe it is the reason why sales are so low? honestly, i can't understand why should anybody upload it. it's kinda not supporting ur fav band

20€ for COBTV 4 and 2 cover songs? Nope.