Hollywood Strings on Multiple Computers?

Mortal_Dezire

Mar 31, 2007
Kearney, NE
www.myspace.com
Just picked up a copy of Hollywood Strings Gold and I'm curious about multiple system possibilities. I have my main desk system, a mobile setup with my laptop, and one of the other band mates wants to use it on his system. If I get multiple iLoks, is this possible? I read on their website that multiple licenses can be purchased for the Diamond edition, but nothing about Gold. Any help is appreciated.

apparently, you cannot purchase additional licenses for the Gold version. most likely because these guys are quickly becoming the Waves of sample libraries, worse even.

do you need to use the library on both computers at the same time? i mean, couldn't you just plug the ilok on the computer you're using at the time and just install the library on both?

apparently, you cannot purchase additional licenses for the Gold version. most likely because these guys are quickly becoming the Waves of sample libraries, worse even.

do you need to use the library on both computers at the same time? i mean, couldn't you just plug the ilok on the computer you're using at the time and just install the library on both?

That's sort of one of the purposes of iLok - you can use it on as many systems you want, but only one at a time. You can install the product on as many systems as you need, but the license is using the "like a book" mentality - only one person can be reading it physically at any given time.

Even with companies that allow you to install and register a product on multiple systems generally have it in the fine print that only one system is to be used at any given time, the multiple installation ability is just for convenience, not to allow all your band mates to use the product for the price of one license.

If they do not offer multi-seat licenses than your probably SOL.

That's kind of what I was starting to think, just wanted to be sure. No big deal, just the other guy is buying his own.

What would be the best way to install? I was thinking an external hard drive so it wouldn't eat up all of my resources. Would that be good enough? Or should I grab an internal one since SATA is faster.