HOLOSADE

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Phil from HOLOSADE recently reached out to me and is interested in a reissue of their Hellhouse album. However, no masters exist and we are checking to see what quality LP rip we can find. I know, for my tastes, it's not optimal master source but I am finding the further back in time we go the fewer and fewer masters are available.

Thoughts from you, the consumer, on LP master as source?

Band is awesome. They play sort of a combination of power and thrash metal. Demos are a bit different than album,more in NWOBHM vein, but equally good. I have nothing against vinyl as a source. It's definitely better than some tape. Vinyl is always the best source.

AWESOME!

I suggested that Holosade reissue and I am glad there talks about that. If you get a decent vinyl source - go with that as it is better than nothing.

The NWOBHM-sounding demos would make for some awesome bonus tracks. As said the album is more in the US power/thrash vein but very good.

Simon sent me an email the other day. Apparently, he and Andy Sneap sat down to tweak and clean their LP source master. Working on bonus tracks from BBC session they are looking to get directly from the BBC. so it's a bit more of a wait on that.

Excellent news. I knew this would be a killer score if it came to pass. Glad to see this gem is getting the remaster treatment.

Just so everyone is clear. Master source is vinyl.

Does this open the door to other vinyl-sourced re-releases like the first Deathwish album or those Blood Money albums?

And I am beyond happy this is getting a re-release. A very cool unsung power/thrash album.

Does this open the door to other vinyl-sourced re-releases like the first Deathwish album or those Blood Money albums?

And I am beyond happy this is getting a re-release. A very cool unsung power/thrash album.

Like all new ventures this will be a test to see how customers react to vinyl mastering. Up until now (minus the TKO reissues and because of those) I have tried to maintain the highest standard when it comes to source audio. Holosade and Pierce "Pierce" will both be taken from vinyl sources. The Pierce has a cleaned up version and will also include a "die hard" version which is untouched from the vinyl source.