Holy buttsex Batman!! Drumtracker is AWESOME!

Ditto Joe; exactly what I used it for. Just to beef up the kick and snare. This actually left me to EQ the tom's in a way I never would before, because usually when I EQ the way I have now, the kick and snare get kinda hidden behind the toms. But because the kick and snare are now beefy as f00k, it leaves me to EQ the toms in the way I wanted to before.

The overheads will get some light EQ, but I wont be triggering anything from them.

Also, pretty sure it was only $88.

I fail to see the point.
I usually trigger drumagog with a clean trigger signal then record the midi out to a midi track then edit if needed. Seems a lot faster to me but maybe I am missing something. I guess it's interesting when you have only mics as a source.

If you zoom in on softer drumagog triggered hits, you'll notice that they miss the target. That means that if you want a professional result = edit that by hand or miss the transients. Drumtracker doesn't miss. That's why.

You can automate Drumagog's sensitivity and also manipulate the source audio with transient designers, or simple gain increases to trigger those softer hits... I do it with every project. I understand that Drumtracker is more flexible, and that's great, but it still takes you out of the project and out of the workflow. That's a big con for me.

If you zoom in on softer drumagog triggered hits, you'll notice that they miss the target. That means that if you want a professional result = edit that by hand or miss the transients. Drumtracker doesn't miss. That's why.
I edit by hand occasionally, no big deal really.

So...automating doesn't take up time? :)

DrumTracker just wins, it took me forever to finally check it out, I use to think "why do I need that..." and now - it's an extremely valuable tool to have at my disposal.

You can automate Drumagog's sensitivity and also manipulate the source audio with transient designers, or simple gain increases to trigger those softer hits... I do it with every project. I understand that Drumtracker is more flexible, and that's great, but it still takes you out of the project and out of the workflow. That's a big con for me.

Trigging a kick, snare and three toms takes less than ten minutes to get a result that equals what can be achieved with drumagog + tweaks. I've been using drumagog and aptrigga (when I got tired of the Drumagog mistrigs) for a long time and I've tried all those little tricks to get it done properly, including doing fills separately with different settings, transient boosting the file, gating, to editing the file before. I don't have to do that anymore.

Zoom in, set the threshold, check for soft hits, press "render". Done.

So far, I've saved a couple of days in edit time. ;) That's why I like it.

That's a big con for me.

I think con is a strong word. There is actually a lot of mental freedom is not having everything in the same package. I like being able to close my host and see something different for a change!

We had a gig last night, so I haven't had chance to do much more until this morning. Got another track done. One bad thing about Drumtracker, that is a bit of an odd one... Once you've done a part for a certain instrument/colour, you can't re-assign that part. It would be good if you could select a part you've already made, and choose a different colour for it - all notes inside that part would get re-assigned.

If anyone knows how this is possible, let me know :)

Reason?? Well, we have a song where the drummer starts off with his snare rattle turned off, and turns it on mid-song. Would've been good to just have an instrument in drumtracker for that, instead of having to move the notes in my host.

I'm using Reaper OSX btw, fucking fantastic!

Zoom in, set the threshold, check for soft hits, press "render". Done.

So far, I've saved a couple of days in edit time. ;) That's why I like it.

Exactly. I hated to bother with aptrigga-automation. Drumtracker is great for that -> everything in one toolbox.

My first test-song took me about 30 minutes - and it would have taken me far less if I hadn't experienced (user-) problems with adjusting the thresholds (thats the only slighly wierd thing in drumtracker).

We forgive you. ;)

Enjoy.gif