Holy fuck balls! Check this out!!!

Humidfume

Hey guys! Me again.. (I know I'm starting to smell, I should move out... But you guys are so welcoming!!!)

Just dropping a little note here to share what's happened for me over the last week.

A knew a guy called Greg a few years ago and we got along great etc... He loved my band (which was incredible because at the time NO ONE did hahaha!) He was also a journalist who gave us financial support in buying the album and said he'd do some write ups/ articles etc...

Long story short, he disappeared from the face of the earth for better part of two years and then over the last week the following stuff has happened:

A thread called Joseph Parry (that's me) was started over at the sevenstring forums by a fan of my SoundCloud music (I was like... What in the actual fuck...?)

Link: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/general-music-discussion/270213-joseph-parry.html

Then Unsigned Revolution named my band "Karhu" as one of the top 5 metal bands of 2014! THEN after two years of no contact this article pops up over at Metal Injection:
http://www.metalinjection.net/av/the-united-kingdoms-karhu-is-the-best-classic-rock-death-metal-ever

No prizes for guessing whom wrote the article?

THAT'S RIGHT!!!!

Greg....

How fucking nuts is that?

But hey, I guess the reason I'm sharing this is because I just wanted to say a massive thank you to each any everyone of you whom has taken some time to check out my work, shared it, bought it, talked about it.. just generally given something I've been a part of ANY of your time at all. It really means the world to both me and the guys in the band. Really... Just thank you so much.

If you guys feel like jumping in on the support wave that's just started you can find our Facebook page below and give us a like!

If you are wondering what the fuss is all about then I also have my soundcloud and the band's bandcamp (which the above article is about) for you to sink your teeth into! Once again, thank you so much for the support and kind words, you guys have been a huge huge huge reason to keep going publicly rather than just shutting ourselves away due to the financial burden being a low light touring band. I also wanted to give a massive thank you and shout out to all the people STILL to this day utilising the DI's to the album I posted over a year ago!!!

Source: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/practice-room/880355-mix-my-bands-album-fun.html

Which to this day has: 11,554 views, 175 responses and over 7 pages of comments!!!!

Thank you!

www.facebook.com/thekarhugroove
www.karhu.bandcamp.com

www.soundcloud.com/josephparry
www.soundcloud.com/ooidort

Now I'm wondering how I missed that Mix my album topic!
You guys are really amazing and you deserve even more!
I'll totally give something to your bandcamp, because band like yours isn't something I find out that often.
And totally will give a try to my mixing skills on your music... that will be grate test.

Now I'm wondering how I missed that Mix my album topic!
You guys are really amazing and you deserve even more!
I'll totally give something to your bandcamp, because band like yours isn't something I find out that often.
And totally will give a try to my mixing skills on your music... that will be grate test.

Thanks really so kind! Thank you so much buddy!

Couldn't agree more with Nezvers and review of the album on metal injection of course.You guys fully deserve more recognition and chance to play big festivals.

As said in the other thread from you here around: this is ridiculously great stuff!
brb......buying the album on bandcamp :)

Couldn't agree more with Nezvers and review of the album on metal injection of course.You guys fully deserve more recognition and chance to play big festivals.

As said in the other thread from you here around: this is ridiculously great stuff!
brb......buying the album on bandcamp :)

Just... Thank you so much guys. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I remember you from the meshuggah vocals thread and some groovy clips. I will check those links later because I have to log out right now to do some home work but judging by your previous work I'm sure your band kicks ass.

I am really glad you were recognized. I don't know how I found you on SoundCloud before hand, but you seriously have some of the best nonprofessional mixes/songs I've heard in the forums and on SoundCloud. I'm not sure what alias SoundCloud identifies me as, but you provided some insight to my band Synira which I'm am grateful as it did inspire me to write more.

If you're not going to post any of your work I will:

is still probably my favorite work of yours still. I thought your valentine spoof was pretty damn funny and awesome, and if you still have it you should re-upload.

I always look forward to your uploads. Keep up the great work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember you from the meshuggah vocals thread and some groovy clips. I will check those links later because I have to log out right now to do some home work but judging by your previous work I'm sure your band kicks ass.

Nice! Thank you bro!!!

I am really glad you were recognized. I don't know how I found you on SoundCloud before hand, but you seriously have some of the best nonprofessional mixes/songs I've heard in the forums and on SoundCloud. I'm not sure what alias SoundCloud identifies me as, but you provided some insight to my band Synira which I'm am grateful as it did inspire me to write more.

If you're not going to post any of your work I will:

is still probably my favorite work of yours still. I thought your valentine spoof was pretty damn funny and awesome, and if you still have it you should re-upload.

I always look forward to your uploads. Keep up the great work.

Woa.. Holy shit. Hahahaha thanks very much bro! Though I must point out the mixes are done by Ooidort (the other guitarist/vocalist in my band) so I can't take any credit for that at all (other than bass guitar).

Cheers!!

Last edited by a moderator: