Holy fuck my new PC is powerful.

Morgan C

MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Got my new PC today. I'm trying to stress test it, but every game I've got is pretty old, so running it on max everything doesn't phase it. Then I thought - TSE X50!
My old laptop, one instance of stereo, low quality TSE X50 = ~40% of the CPU. Now?

NewCPU.jpg

6 instances, high quality, stereo. Check out the CPU usage (bottom right corner), this is while playing. I don't even know how this works. Also, the CPU temp is about 35 degrees Celcius.

Yes, this is a brag thread.
I bought Crysis yesterday for $4 so that's downloading, we'll see how my system fares.

What are the specs?

i5 2500k CPU
Asrock P67 Extreme4 Motherboard
2x 4gb Kingston 1333hz RAM
Sapphire 2GB 6950 Graphics
Patriot Inferno 60GB SSD
Momentus XT 320GB HDD
Corsair HX-650 PSU
Coolermaster 212+ Fan

I think the CPU is running at 4GHz but I've done very little modification bar that, and even that was a preset.
Cost me about $1300AU, but I already had a few parts (mouse, monitor, case).

The X50 takes about 5-6% on HQ at 48kHz/24bit in reaper on my machine. And yeah that's on one core. There's 6 more of them on my Phenom II 1090T :)

CONGRATS!
I have my i7 2600K sitting there waiting for the mobo to arrive (Asus p8p67 Deluxe) It was supposed to arrive last Friday but there were some issues with the courier. Guess this gives me enough time to finish my control room.

I wasn't away there were a new i5.

Anyway it's of course completely worth upgrading to a new computer. It's insane how it improves your workflow and makes your life easier.

I feel like today's processor improve faster than what they are used for (you can now run in hi settings recent games with a computer that does not cost 3000 dollars) and it's a pleasure.

I wanted to get a Bulldozer this year but they already seem to be a major disappointment, especially when compared to Intels incoming Ivy Bridge.
Gonna get one of those next year.
But yeah the Sandy Bitches perform really well, good buy dude.

I feel like today's processor improve faster than what they are used for (you can now run in hi settings recent games with a computer that does not cost 3000 dollars) and it's a pleasure.

Yeah. I remember buying a mid-range graphics card in about 2003 or 4, cost about $350 and could run most games then on medium-ish graphics. Now I've got a graphics card for $280 and it's running, so far, everything on max.

Haha new computers (fast computers) are awesome :D

And +1 to pretty much everything pc-wise being cheaper today than when I was uhm 16 or something. You got the very low-end stuff for the money that buys mid/high-end stuff now.. Or maybe it's just a perception thing because I had no money whatsoever at that time?

Haha new computers (fast computers) are awesome :D

And +1 to pretty much everything pc-wise being cheaper today than when I was uhm 16 or something. You got the very low-end stuff for the money that buys mid/high-end stuff now.. Or maybe it's just a perception thing because I had no money whatsoever at that time?

No, that's legit. My very first PC was a PII 333Mhz with 128M RAM and a 3GB HDD. Cost me $1000 in 1998.

The $300 netbook I'm typing on right now blows that away so bad I can't even calculate that. Hell, my iPod Touch alone has more space, memory, and power than that thing did!

And I used to run Cool Edit Pro on that sucker, using loops and guitar tracks run from my amp's headphone out straight into the soundcard's line in :)

Yeah. I remember buying a mid-range graphics card in about 2003 or 4, cost about $350 and could run most games then on medium-ish graphics. Now I've got a graphics card for $280 and it's running, so far, everything on max.

I got the same card as you, but I can't get 60fps in Crysis (the first), Metro 2033, or even Portal when fully maxed out (1080p).

Maybe with two of them...but I ain't paying that for toys.

I wanted to get a Bulldozer this year but they already seem to be a major disappointment, especially when compared to Intels incoming Ivy Bridge.
Gonna get one of those next year.
But yeah the Sandy Bitches perform really well, good buy dude.

I ain't seen nothing of the bulldozer, not even an engineering sample :erk:

(Then again I'd rather use an abacus and a slide rule than anything Intel :loco:)

I got the same card as you, but I can't get 60fps in Crysis (the first), Metro 2033, or even Portal when fully maxed out (1080p).

Metro 2033 is pretty hardcore for today's hardware. I think only the dual-GPU cards have the ability to get that one into playable territory on relatively high settings.

Got my new PC today. I'm trying to stress test it, but every game I've got is pretty old, so running it on max everything doesn't phase it. Then I thought - TSE X50!
My old laptop, one instance of stereo, low quality TSE X50 = ~40% of the CPU. Now?

6 instances, high quality, stereo. Check out the CPU usage (bottom right corner), this is while playing. I don't even know how this works. Also, the CPU temp is about 35 degrees Celcius.

Yes, this is a brag thread.
I bought Crysis yesterday for $4 so that's downloading, we'll see how my system fares.

How much does Windows Taskmanager show with all the cores showing?

Though what I remember Sonar probably reserves all of the CPU so it will show 100%.

I've just downloaded Crysis Warhead, so I'll see how that runs. Not sure how it compares graphically to Crysis, should be fairly similar though. Portal runs maxed out flawlessly, Portal 2 is flawless except with situations with paints + looking through a portal, seeing two perspectives at once. Then again, I still need to BIOS flash the GPU and overclock the CPU some more. I'm sure it'd be fine then.

Nice! I Frankensteined my PC together for $400 (and the most expensive part was my GTX 460 which I got for like $180 I think), I'm rockin a Q8400 with 6GB ram but I can still churn out 4 high-quality X50's before it starts getting gross. Haven't tried more than that yet.

As for Crysis - a fast processor and lots of ram helps, but that game really comes down to your video card. Even with my setup, if I max it out and use the killer-looking mods for it, I still only get like 30-40fps at best and that's with my 1440x900 resolution and 0xAA, lol. If you're dead set on crushing that game, you're still gonna have to pony up a few hundo for a burly card.

Aah nothing better than a fast new machine... I could use 2 instances of reverance in a full mix on my old machine, when I got my new laptop, I inserted over 30 instances in a full mix for fun and still had plenty of power left :lol: