Holy fuck my new PC is powerful.

Try Crysis 2! I had to play it on low res and low settings with my 6 months old dual graphic card 3500$ laptop. Looks awesome though, even with low settings.

Just tried Crysis Warhead. Ran on max everything, 1080p, full AA, full AF. Not sure what the frame rate was but it was fast enough not to notice it, except it slowed to maybe 20fps for a second when shooting a barrel. There were a few hiccups here and there where it lagged for a couple of seconds, not sure what that's about - I also get some dropouts with simple audio stuff, although my buffer is set to like 64 or something crazy. Might have to check on the overclocking.

That's good to hear. Most every review I've seen, the 6950 averages around 30fps on Enthusiast settings and only 2xAA on Warhead. This would on the whole be most definitely noticeable the entire way through a game. Surprised you're able to do it that well with 8xAA, which should be crippling any modern single GPU card. Guess them Sandybridges are earning their keep.

That's good to hear. Most every review I've seen, the 6950 averages around 30fps on Enthusiast settings and only 2xAA on Warhead. This would on the whole be most definitely noticeable the entire way through a game. Surprised you're able to do it that well with 8xAA, which should be crippling any modern single GPU card. Guess them Sandybridges are earning their keep.

Just caught the FPS then. Its running at 30fps min during an intense gunfight, gets up to 40-50fps in quieter bits. As I said its not overclocked or flashed to 6970 shaders yet either.

Yeah Portal runs fine sorry, but Portal 2 is kinda sluggish on my machine, it doesn't stutter or anything but it sure ain't that responsive. Don't know why. I've got shaders unlocked but I'm using stock clocks and voltage (modded bios).

@Ermz: The bitch with Metro 2033 is depth of field. Turn that off and you can crank the rest. At least I've noticed that with full af/msaa and details on ultra it is playable on my rig at 1080p. Not really 60fps obviously but decent (mid 20s for sure on average).

I need to run some proper benches.

That's still pretty good though. I don't have Warhead but I still play the original version and I use the Real Lifesis mod too (which makes the game look fucking incredible) and that's where my framerates stay - 30-ish when shit gets crazy and 40-50 when things are more peaceful.

The fucked up thing is that game came out in 2007 and it's still the best looking game I've ever seen.

Is it worth buying a SSD? I'm afraid that those die at one time or another and my whole data is lost?!

hehe... yep, that's what i'm talking bout :D

no, srsly, don't they die rather fast compared to normal hdds?

maxed-out.jpg