Holy shit ... Dark Tranquillity's "Character" ...

it's not as catchy...but I love how it's so relentless and traditionally melodic thrashy. In Flames are just about to record a new album and according to Anders Friden it is going to have more guitar harmonies and other stuff so I don't know...perhaps it may be better than the last release!

in flames would have to be even more retarded then they seem to not pick up on the negative vibes that the last two albums resulted in. I mean... my friend likes Reroute a lot, but really doesnt like Soundtrack. Thats saying something. So i wouldnt be surprised if there is a slight improvement on the next record. But im still dloading first just in case hehe

As of now DT > any other "gothenburg" style band

Dark Tranquillity never ceases to amaze me with their musical abilities by exploring different sounds and styles, and yet always sound great. Character is a definite favorite album of mine.

Wolftribe said:
haha i remember the animation that your avatar is from... do you know a link to that?
No, sorry I don't. It was on someone's LJ. I had a habit of constantly changing avatars until one kid on the Amon Amarth forum became enraged over it. So I kept it.

Character is quite good, but I've always been a fan of Dark Tranquillity. Even Projector, which seems to get a lot of flak from a lot of people... I think that's a great CD.

I'm actually kind of disappointed there was no clean singing on this album... Both Damage Done and Character have not ONE clean vocal part... and Mikael is awesome at clean vocals.