holy shit! Yngwie must read!!

GeniusGonInsane

Resident Media Punisher
THIS IS FROM BLABBERMOUTH.NET, CRAAAAAZY!!

A minor riot erupted at the conclusion of YNGWIE MALMSTEEN’s headlining show in Porto Alegre, Brazil on Tuesday, October 2nd, causing the band to storm off the stage and leaving the group’s equipment vulnerable to damage as a result of the angry crowd throwing objects in protest over the way the concert ended. Here is a letter from YNGWIE MALMSTEEN touring keyboardist Derek Sherinian (ex-DREAM THEATER) explaining the events leading up to the riot and his feelings on the matter:

"First of all, I would like to preface this letter by saying that I am not a fan of one using their musical status to promote religious or political beliefs. I am also not one to post on message boards, but something happened to me on stage last night that I feel compelled to write this letter.

“I am currently the only American in YNGWIE MALMSTEEN's touring band.

“What happened at last night's gig in Porte Allegre, Brazil was shocking.

“Midway through the set, YNGWIE finished his guitar solo spot with the ‘Star Spangled Banner’. The crowd of about 1,500 people started immediately booing very loudly, and throwing sh.t on stage.

“To see the Anti-American rallies on CNN is bad enough, but to be in the middle of one is scary beyond words.

“So after YNGWIE's solo we had about 5 more songs to play. All of my spirit was gone. I finished the set disgusted, and without looking at the crowd for the rest of the show.

“After the final song, the band went to the dressing room. I told YNGWIE, ‘I refuse to go out for the encore under any circumstances, F.CK THESE PEOPLE.’

“YNGWIE went back on stage by himself and played the ‘Star Spangled Banner’ again to a choir of loud boos. He then said on the microphone, ‘God Bless America, and F.CK YOU ALL’ and walked off stage.

“The crowd went into a riot and started throwing sh.t on stage. We immediately were rushed back to our hotel. I have no idea of the status of our gear.

“I want to thank YNGWIE for taking my back, and for standing up for the USA.

“To the people in Porte Allegre, you should be ashamed of yourselves. I don't give a fuck if I ever play your peasant infested third world city again.

"God bless America, Derek Sherinian”

I cannot understand why people are reacting this way!!! Fuck, we haven't even retaliated yet!!!

I have been a fan of Yngwie's since 1986, and have seen him a few times, and I can see him saying that, for sure. He has a big attitude!!! Hell, he's from Sweden, but has had a house in Florida for years!!! I am proud of him for standing up to those people, he should be allowed to play whatever he wants to in his own fucking show....CREEPING JESUS!!!! (sorry ledmag, had to use it!!!)

...I hope the guys watch their backs when they go to Brazil...

Originally posted by Jody42147

...I hope the guys watch their backs when they go to Brazil... [/B]

Well, as a brazilian, I just wanted to say that what happened in Malmsteen's concert is NOT a common thing here !! The guys don't have to worry cause I'm sure nothing's gonna happen! What happened was that people weren't expecting listening to Star Spangled Banner in the concert and they reacted in a negative way... But the problem was that Malmsteen insisted on playing that again, and that's what caused all the mess.
But brazilians love heavy metal and Nevermore, so I'm sure all the concerts here will be great!

What is Creeping Jesus? I know it's Ledmags signature and all, but I never knew what it was.

I also think that what happened at that concert was stupid. Who cares if they play the Star Spangled Banner? Look what happened to there country! I could understand if nothing happened the crowd my just be confused as to why he's playing it(and not act in a violent way), but in light of what has happened they should acknowledge the playing of the song as a show of respect, and thats what they should've given Yngwie(spelling?) and America as well.

Yeah, I agree that if people don't like the music they should just be quiet and respect, but I have to say that Derek overreacted writing that letter. The truth is, a small group and not everybody started booing and nobody threw anything onstage!! He exagerated on everything he said and offended brazilian people... But at least he posted another letter in his site apologizing for what he had done.
Just one more comment: we brazilians do not agree with terrorism or anything like that! Of course, what happened in the US was terrible and everybody here are sorry for the victims.

hi! I'm very shy with it all!
I'm don't know why the crowd do it with the band, the minory of the crowd booing the band!
Some fan go to talk with the band and explain the fact and Derek put this on his site:

Apology from Derek ...

This is an open letter to the country of Brazil.

First of all, I want to apologize to the city of Porto Allegre for my insulting comments.

Despite my dissapointment in the crowd's support to Osama Bin Laden, and hatred for my country, my comments only added fuel to a fire that I wish never existed in the first place.

I have played Monsters of Rock in Brazil in 1996 with Alice Cooper, and In 1998 with Dream Theater. I LOVE Brazil, and I LOVE the Brasilian people. I want to play here in the future.

I am asking you to consider that this is a extremely sensitive time for my country right now. Think about the children and families who lost their loved ones in The World Trade Center tragedy. America was NOT the only victim. Many Brasilians, among innocent people from many other countries were killed by this heinous act of terror.

I am not a politician. All I care about is playing music, and taking the music to the people around the world.

I will not judge the country of Brazil, or even the city of Porto Allegre just by the actions of the crowd.

We are ALL part of the human race, and the universal language between us is the music.

Sincerely,
Derek Sherinian
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After this in the other two shows in Brazil, Derek ; Dooguie and MALMSTEEN play the Brazilian anthem With the Brazilian Soccer team Shirt !!
I'm very sick with it all, and want to apologize with all americans in name of this six bastards who 'boogie your anthem!
The guys from Nevermore would come without fear, cause I swear the band will see the best Metal fans in whole world

Thanks
And God Bless us all!

Carlos

To the Brazilians: I know you are some metalhead crazy fuckers, I wish USA had as many metalheads!!! Thanks for your kind words!! Be careful in the pits!!!

To Ecstatic: It's just a figure of speech, that's all...

jody

yeah, its a figure of speech. YOu can stick just about any definition on it. But it does have a meaning,,its pretty freaky in a way, you have to use your imagination.(it scares most Christians and believers in God)

Tragedy said:
Yngwie does a fuckin big error on Aleksi Laiho.Aleksi kik his 0ld/ugly/fat/pedophile ass.

lol

that's like saying the guy from Primal Fear is a better singer than Halford.

Yngwie is the teacher, Alexi is the student, deal with it.

Yngwie's stuff from 15 years ago plays circles around what CoB does now.