Holy shit!

Sputnik

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
Im a little bit late on this I know but I have just discovered Katatonia. I bought Brave Murder Day yesterday with our Micke on Vocals. The music is great so is Micke and when Im now listening to Katatonias later stuff its amazing! Their riffs and atmosphere are great EXCEPT one thing, a very big thing...I just cant stand their lead singer!!! :(

The music is great, Its fantastic! very Opeth or even better(!) sometimes but when this lead vocalist open his mouth he destroys everything!

Why cant Mr Åkerfeldt take the mike from him???

This is sad...
Anyone with the same experience?

I hope this Katatonia vocalist doesnt read this...Im sorry!

Like David Hasselhoff? HAhAHA! Can't be nice att lyssna på du Patrik :) Funderar to buy a cd with them... :) Se yA!

Yes. His vocals on LFDGD are killer. I guess it's something you either love or hate. Or maybe after a few more spins you'll feel differently? It definitely offers something special to the music IMO.

Also, Mikael's vocals...you really can't compare them to many others. They're in-fucking-credible. I hate that Opeth was the first band I heard that used growls, because I've never been that satisfied with death vocals since.

It's sort of maddening! :loco: One flew east. One flew west...

Together we gazed, awaited.
Hours brought thirst and the rising sun.

I hate that Opeth was the first band I heard that used growls, because I've never been that satisfied with death vocals since.

why? Mikael is a good singer, but he is not a good growler at all.
I like his clean voice, not his growles.
Listen to Chuck Schuldiner (R.I.P) from Death, that's a man that can growl his guts out!
:D