Holy Shit

I headbang, but I also am aware of what's going on on stage.

LOL and you don't think a grown man headbanging like a chick isn't silly? Did you flop your hair back and forth and do windmills? Those are the fuckin silly idiots to me. Did you sit infront of your mirror and practice headbanging?

I found the video you posted of yourself, it is quite funny. I am glad you think it is cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, wait, wait

So headbanging is stupid but moshing isn't or vice versa?

Really now?

Wait, wait, wait

So headbanging is stupid but moshing isn't or vice versa?

Really now?

This forum is hellatitz! We fight about EVERYTHING in here! I love it: angst, mayhem, name-calling.

Bunch of little bitches in here (I include myself)!!!:kickass:

Maybe we should all get together & have a pity party? I'll bring the Blatz!

Yeah, I don't understand ironmaiden09's dichotomy (no offense). For me, moshing is optional, headbanging isn't. At least with headbanging, there's not that much risk of hurting anybody. I can appreciate mosh pits (although I do not participate in them) but what is irksome is seeing a lone, drunken "hardcore style" mosher moving around waving his fists like a mad chimp while doing cartwheels' cause it's supposed to be cool to punch people. To each their own, but that I don't like.

Headbanging is to metal what dancing is to pop music. It's solo dancing, and but one way to enjoy the music. One needs not to practice it in front of the mirror; I don't have long hair, only long bangs, and that's just recently. I sometimes headbang to classical music at home, so I don't see why is it wrong to headbang to proper metal. It's not done to be cool, it just goes with the music (of course there are people that do anything they do to "belong" or be cool, but sincerely I don't do it for those reasons-it's just the way I enjoy the music.)

Headbanging is to metal what dancing is to pop music. It's solo dancing, and but one way to enjoy the music. One needs not to practice it in front of the mirror; I don't have long hair, only long bangs, and that's just recently. I sometimes headbang to classical music at home, so I don't see why is it wrong to headbang to proper metal. It's not done to be cool, it just goes with the music (of course there are people that do anything they do to "belong" or be cool, but sincerely I don't do it for those reasons-it's just the way I enjoy the music.)

And I will say moshing to extreme metal is what dancing is to pop music. Moshing is dancing, just a violent form. Bands get off on playing and watching the crowd go apeshit. The bigger the pit the better they feel they did. They can look out at a bunch of dudes headbanging like its 1986 but in the end they want to see a huge pit and movement.

Yeah I get it headbanging is what you are supposed to do at a metal concert. I get it bobbing your head to the beat, but those that stand there are whip their hair back and forth for 1 hour straight without even looking up are ridiculous to me

...Moshing is dancing, just a violent form. Bands get off on playing and watching the crowd go apeshit. The bigger the pit the better they feel they did....

As immortal George Carlin once said: "...be white, be lame, and get the fuck out off the dance floor!"
I don't think that any particular behavior is required while attending a metal concert. Nor the outfit. They get off on watching the crowd? Fuck 'em! Let them get off on the surcharges we pay on the top of the tickets prices.
I'm not there to entertain a band, it's vice versa!

They get off on watching the crowd? Fuck 'em! Let them get off on the surcharges we pay on the top of the tickets prices.
I'm not there to entertain a band, it's vice versa!

Exactly. And I never said I stood around headbanging while staring at the floor, I specifically stated I was aware of what was going on onstage. IMFan's usual selective posting, only commenting on what he thinks has been said without understanding what was actually written! :kickass: