Holy...

IntoThePiT

Dec 31, 2002
So,California
Visit site
This musicians forum sure is dead... 2 topics active last 30 days....(Tumbleweed rolls by)ummmm How about........

First Instruments..... What was your first instrument =P

And..uhhh... yeah thats good for now...

For me Its my ESP(ltd =[) M-155 Decent guitar if it had some good pickups... been playing little over 2 years and ironicly Its still my only AXE, Looking for something else tho =P

Mine was a Fender Squire P-Bass..originally white but it's turned a vintage white over the years. Puts out some good sounds and is one of the more playable basses I've ever used. Now I mostly play a guitar and started out with a Fender Strat but it wasn't heavy enough for stuff I liked to play so I recently bought an Ibanez RG-320. Nice heavy pickups and lightweight. \w/

First instrument: Casio keyboard when i was about 7 :)

After i started messing around i went onto bigger kiddies keyboards for a few years, then when i was about 12 i got a piano, which i still use.

When i was about 13 (christmas that year) i got a squire strat starter kit which i played indie on for a while, then i got into metal got a les paul Then about 2 years ago i got a RX10D jackson rhodes and got into Prog/Yngwie/maiden stuff like that, started shredding :)

First instrument was a Talon drum kit. Very cheap. Then I moved into guitar and got a Hondo ($50), piece of crap. I ruined the pickup trying to be like Dimebag. I read that he flipped the pickup so it was the wrong way. So, I thought it had to be rewired and I killed it in the process. I got an Ibanez V-8 pickup to replace it and then it was borrowed from me and eventually got stolen. Oh well, no big loss, but I have feelings of nostalgia talking about it. After that I got my first real guitar, a 1992 BC Rich Platinum series Warlock. (platinum was still ok at the time) But, a few years ago the bridge fell apart, the housing underneath it just crumbled into pieces.
:(

first instrument, was a Yamaha PSR 180 keyboard, so old and crap.

first guitar, BC Rich Warlock :heh:

Hey Flech, nice seeing you in here. That vacuum cleaner hose you're playing is quite cool.

My first instrument was a second hand accoustic guitar I bought for less than 10 dollars. "Played it till my finger bled" like Bryan Adams used to sing.

Thanks for opening this thread. Like you said this forum was dead!!

First instrument was an Oscar Schmidt (I think) beginner's acoustic guitar. About a month later, I bought my first bass which was a black Lotus 4 string. I don't think they had model numbers. :)

Since then I have...

Lost the OS guitar (no idea where it is).
Sold the Lotus on eBay for more than it was worth. :)
Upgraded to my current three: Yamaha BBG5S 5 string, Dean jumbo acoustic 4 string, and Ibanez ICB300 IceMan (anyone who was at ProgPower 2 saw this one on stage). :)

This is a cool thread. It's always fun to read how other musicians started out.

--Mike

My first instrument was a cutaway acoustic... With two f-holes insted of an o-hole. I'm still amazed by its sound when I pick it up.
Small... veeeery small frets but now I play a hardtail superstrat...
with 6100s.
So I'm fine....

Well, my first guitar was a.............Aria Pro II...(hey, it was okay at that time, since i couldn`t play much :) )
Now i`ve got a Peavey EVH Wolfgang and a Marshall JCM 400 DSL combo.