Homework Help

argentallica

the lil sis
Nov 15, 2003
California
Visit site
Okay, folks... Mari needs a lil help again!
See, I've got this Senior Project to do at school, and during the first semester, we had to write a persuasive essay. I wrote about film censorship, and how it differs from rating systems and censorship in other countries. In this second semester, we are supposed to do some type of "field work" related to the topic in our papers, and I chose to construct a piece of character make-up, sort of special effects make-up... I chose that because that is the career I want to get into when I get a little older. It's due on April 27th.
Is there anyone that can recommend some help? Like a good place to buy materials (ie: plaster, liquid latex, stage blood, etc...), or someone who would let me go to work with them if they work in the field?
Thank you soooo much!
Ciao, Mari

Hi Mari,
I studdied theatrical make-up for one year at Cal State Long Beach before getting my Bachelor's Degree in Theatrical Tech Design. Ben Nye is one of the better manufacturers. Look for Aqua Color on the web. You'll find Liquid Latex and stage blood at some of the same places. Sometimes it's fun to do your own recipe of stage blood out of corn syrup, red food coloring and play around a little with H2O for consistancy. I think there is a good stage blood recipe here on this "how to" horror DVD: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/dvd/B0000A5A05/002-0505623-5136846#product-details

This is my project! It's starting so far as a sketch, but it will soon be sculpted into a latex mask...

eddiesketch.jpg

Some people at school that have seen it don't think Maiden... they think Donnie Darko... I just think, "Sheesh... of course it's Eddie!"
I'll keep you updated and take plenty of pictures!