Hope Leaves

WTF555666 said:
Just ignore them, they're just mad because you're a really cute girl that likes opeth & the only girlfriends they have are their hands.

durrrrr hokay...:heh:

opethXisXlove916 said:
any opeth songs that make you depressed?

Pretty much their entire catalogue...

But yes, I love Hope Leaves. It is easily my favorite from Damnation, and I feel it's a bit underrated.

biggsy said:
So a song like Master's Apprentices makes you depressed? Bizarre...

I don't mean actual clinical depression...it was just a figure of speech. Opeth creates dark and depressing moods with their music and lyrics. I wouldn't consider the subject matter of *any* Opeth song to be particularly uplifting.

I wouldn't consider any of Opeth's 'subject matter' to be particularly depressing either, except for a few isolated examples (TBYF, HL, IY etc.), but that's cool, we have different opinions:)

opethXisXlove916 said:
yeah, i left the forum for about a month, because i was sick of being hit on by 30 year old men and being picked on by jackasses.

But I decided, who cares, let them take their time insulting me for "shit threads" etcc, its the internet, if you fight on the internet, its like participating in the special olympics, win or lose, your still a retard. so, i'll let them say their shit and laugh at their stupidity. i'll say what i want and i dont give a fuck what people are going to say in response.

And i think your taking it all too seriously.

opethXisXlove916 said:
does this song make anyone else almost cry.. or is it just me..
i love it, but i find it very depressing
fav song off damnation by far
any opeth songs that make you depressed?

well commenting on this i must say that is seems that Hope Leaves has a profound effect on females. My girlfriend will simply NOT stop listening to that song, and a couple other girls i know are also in rapture of that song. A girl on my MSN messenger contact list always has a line from Hope Leaves as her nickname, and my sister also commented to me on how amazingly beautiful this song is and she is so attached to it she asks me to put it on whenever we're in the car. She is also convinced that the person singing Hope leaves is definitely NOT the same person singing Demon of the Fall, and nothing i can say will convince her otherwise :lol:

Anyone who does not like Windowpane or TBYF should be burned.

At the stake.

nobody seems to mind that the intro guitar part in windowpane is rubbish? im growing weary of the "incomplete" opeth melodies. fortunately the melody when the verse starts saves it a bit.

NineFeetUnderground said:
nobody seems to mind that the intro guitar part in windowpane is rubbish? im growing weary of the "incomplete" opeth melodies. fortunately the melody when the verse starts saves it a bit.
im pretty sure you're alone on that one NFU

NineFeetUnderground said:

How is it rubbish?

Why are you assuming that we all agree with you that yes it is rubbish?

And what the hell is an 'incomplete' opeth melody?