horrible new jeff loomis track

Slowpoke.gif

Nah, I'm kidding, this is relevant enough to make a new thread about :)

Wow. That's worse than metalcore. Jeffs playing is so predictable now. It kinda sounds like he rips off his old riffs and can't seem to make anything decent since ZoP. He needs a master songwriter to guide him and let him know he's making some shitty shit.

It sounds cool, if we didn't know who Jeff Loomis was or Nevermore never existed - I think it'd be receiving a lot of praise... But the drums are laughable, I can't even begin to figure out wtf was happening around 1:17

But unfortunately for Mr Loomis, his work with Warrel/Van/Jim/Various 2nd guitarists will always be above what he does on his own. The overall fit with Nevermore is something he'll never match or exceed.

He just needs to patch shit up and work with Warrel and do his solo shit on the side.

Like I said, the vocals aren't TERRIBLE for what they are: screamo metalcore. However, I think *the style* in which they're done is what's so off-putting and not necessarily the scream quality.

Goddamn I hate the drums and rhythm to this song. I can't stand that polka shit, and every goddamned new thrash or core band out there does it to death. It's a drummer's version of a rhythm player using drop tunings. I wish I could take the snare away from 90% of thrash drummers out there.

BTW, who is singing?

Jeff needs to learn a band is a singer, guitarist(s), bassist and drummer, maybe keys. Not himself and a bunch of other guys.

Joe Nurre is singing, not like cookie monster vocals are distinctive, are they?

He's not a bad vocalist and he's got a good scream. He doesn't fit with this music, however.

Please, no more keyboards in fast metal bands. I can't take that shit anymore. Samples, effects, sure...but no more fucking prog-metal keyboard bullshit.

I'm gonna be honest here...if this is how he writes, I wouldn't want to play in a band with Jeff Loomis unless there were a lot of money involved. Not that I would ever be worthy of standing in the same room as he, ability-wise, but still...this is some bro metal local whatevercore shit here. Warrel should get Peter Wichers and Attila and just do it.

I think the jury has reached their verdict on who was the biggest driving force in NM.

Warrel should get Peter Wichers and Attila and just do it.

I think the jury has reached their verdict on who was the biggest driving force in NM.

Wichers can't seem to settle down. He's quit Soilwork twice now. And he has TOC to show for his work, too. I dunno, I think he's out of gas.

Now if you said Voros and Calvert... or even Smyth.

WHatever he does, Loomis needs a producer who will push him hard. No more Sneap. Even if he did produce one of my favorite all-time albums, he makes everyone sound the same.