Hot Topic-Anthrax

At least we know which shirt to look out for.

[spots kid in Anthrax Hot Topic shirt]

"Hey you! Name three Anthrax songs quick!"

"Uhhh err"

"Name one!"

"Uuhhh..."

"You sicken me."

I know some people feel its silly to get worked up over people who wear 80's metal shirts as a fashion trend, but it seriously annoys me because I love that music and they're wearing it in a mocking manner like those other stupid 80s retro shirts. "Huh huh look I'm wearing Iron Maiden. Aren't they cheesy? Who are they anyway?"

Wearing a metal shirt, for me anway, is like showing your pride for belonging to a small, but extremely loyal group of people. I remember walking around campus and somone noticed my WCFYA shirt and they complimented me on it. It makes me feel a special sense of comradery with other metal fans. Then I'll see a picture of Hilary Duff wearing a Motorhead shirt (seriously, I'll try to find it if you want) and it makes me want to wring her neck...after I lust for her inappropriately.

All of this is coming from someone in their early 20's, so I'm sure some of you who actually experienced the 80's metal scene at it's zenith can eloquate it better than me. Sorry for the rant, but it's something that's been bugging me.

LouieFatterson said:
At least we know which shirt to look out for.

[spots kid in Anthrax Hot Topic shirt]

"Hey you! Name three Anthrax songs quick!"

"Uhhh err"

"Name one!"

"Uuhhh..."

"You sicken me."

I know some people feel its silly to get worked up over people who wear 80's metal shirts as a fashion trend, but it seriously annoys me because I love that music and they're wearing it in a mocking manner like those other stupid 80s retro shirts. "Huh huh look I'm wearing Iron Maiden. Aren't they cheesy? Who are they anyway?"

Wearing a metal shirt, for me anway, is like showing your pride for belonging to a small, but extremely loyal group of people. I remember walking around campus and somone noticed my WCFYA shirt and they complimented me on it. It makes me feel a special sense of comradery with other metal fans. Then I'll see a picture of Hilary Duff wearing a Motorhead shirt (seriously, I'll try to find it if you want) and it makes me want to wring her neck...after I lust for her inappropriately.

All of this is coming from someone in their early 20's, so I'm sure some of you who actually experienced the 80's metal scene at it's zenith can eloquate it better than me. Sorry for the rant, but it's something that's been bugging me.

I understand and agree with you 100%. :wave:

now hold on.... i am asking my 13th year old right now to tell me the name of 3 songs

1. what doesnt die good answer

2. Got the time.......

3. Safehome

4. caught in a mosh

5. inside out,,,,,

ok she gets a shirt........

tell me what you thinko_O o_O o_O

Spreadingthe Living312 said:
I understand and agree with you 100%. :wave:
Dude i totally agree.... right now i am wearing my FEDEXODUS shirt... have you seen this shirt.... looks just like a fed-ex shirt i can wear them to work.......

thraxx said:
Dude i totally agree.... right now i am wearing my FEDEXODUS shirt... have you seen this shirt.... looks just like a fed-ex shirt i can wear them to work.......
That shirt is tremendous.

Now name three Exodus songs...just kidding:cool:

as far as conveniance and variety goes Hot Toppic is pretty good when it comes to shirts. It's funny cause the one in my mall has nothing but realy fucking hot gothed out chicks. and i mean realy gothed out. and all thier customers are trendy little preppy highschool girls.
I got the Rust in Piece shirt cause it was cheaper than concert shirt standards and it looked cool. I'm sure i'll get the thrax shirt as well.
I wonder if they'll carry any anthrax albums or if it'll be all obscure underground stuff.
-Jono-

They do have them on-line i checked and as of this morning the had 17-1=16
so stay on your lazy ass and order it on-line

I wore my Among The Living/Killer A's shirt today, and I brought a gift certificate to Best Buy.
When I walked into the store, the greeter/security monitor dude said, "Hey. That shirt's a classic! Among the living!"
He told me he started listening to Anthrax when Spreading the Disease came out.
My street-teaming skills kicked in and I asked the Best Buy dude if he heard the new Anthrax album. He didn't.
The last Anthrax album he bought was Killer B's. So I told him he needed to check out the new album.
Then I used my gift card to buy Star Wars-Knights of the Old Republic and Prince of Persia for Xbox and left the store.
When I got to my car, I shuffled through my CD-Rs and found We've Come For You All. I don't like giving people a copy of the whole album for free, but I didn't have any of the 'sample' CD-Rs I made on me, so I brought the WCFYA copy back into the store and gave it to the Best Buy dude.
He was stoked.
This is one way of taking the music back.

It's about fucking time Hot Topic has an Anthrax Tee. If I walk in there and see another Ozzy shirt I'm going to piss on the cash register.

I was alive during the 80's metal scene, still have chipped teeth from Anthrax in 1987 at the Santa Monica Civic. Anyway I here you Louie and understand your pain. I saw a clip from the Mary Kate\Ashley movie New York minute and one of them had a Mettalica shirt on. Next thing you know they be doing master of muppets with Jame on Sesame street and Elmo will scream out, play some Anthrax you pussies.

thraxx said:
now hold on.... i am asking my 13th year old right now to tell me the name of 3 songs

1. what doesnt die good answer

2. Got the time.......

3. Safehome

4. caught in a mosh

5. inside out,,,,,

ok she gets a shirt........

tell me what you thinko_O o_O o_O

She most certainly deserves one if she can name 5 songs. :D
Do I get one too? :wave: I can name every anthrax song.

yeam im running over to hot topic before i go to my first day of classes, so i can sport the new gear, and show people what band kicks the most ass.