Hot Topic

Tyrael

Archangel of Justice
Jul 18, 2009
So... the other day I went to USA (because I live in Mexico), and I stopped at a mall and visited the Hot Topic store.

I didn't expect the lady at the shop to even know about a band called Opeth, but to my surprise, she did.
So I asked if they have, or have had in the past any Opeth shirts for sale.
She told me they did, but many years ago.
So I was just wondering, backing myself up with a Thread I just read about Opeth becoming more popular (although the term they used in that Thread was Opeth selling out, but I refuse to believe that... it is just... stupid) why, if Opeth before wasn't even known of, and Hot Topic sells like... shirts of popular bands, why they before had Opeth shirts and now that Opeth has increased in popularity they don't.

And I was just wondering if they might have in the future Opeth shirts for sale... although I won't get the answer for this, as nobody would know.

;)

I believe Opeth have a better control over their merchandise now than they did in the past, i mean, since they set up Omerch thingy and maybe stores have to have authorization to sell certain products?

Hot Topic has been selling their vinyls and cds as well. It seems like they are trying to branch out into more metal at the store. I actually bought an Opeth shirt there not too long ago. It was a nice design, though their tour shirts are much better... as to be expected.

The last time I got Opeth stuff there was around the release of Ghost Reveries. They don't hold on to old merch. So when Watershed got past 3 or so months, they stopped carrying Opeth related stuff. They always carry the latest bands stuff.

hot topic is where I get my black finger nail polish and fangs so I can be a vampire lol

yeah, I havent been to hot topic in a while, but last time I did they had Opeth vinyls and I picked up one of each!

I go to another store for opeth shirts and band clothing here in my town, they have mostly tour shirts, but still pretty cool to see the local mom and pop stores holding good band clothing..