Hour of 13 on indefinite hiatus

God Fucking Damnit. This is fucking horrible news. Hour of 13 were my most anticipated band to see. If Chad needs someone to fucking sing for him, I can get on that damn stage and sing all the songs.

They even did a show a month or two ago in VA where Chad did vox. I've heard that Chad and Phil are like a married couple in how much they argue but I don't see why they can't pull one of those. Surely they have solid reasons. Sucks.

I know. Chad sounded awesome on vocals as well. He had this really eerie almost indie-rock clean vocals that highlighted the horror aspects of Hour of 13.

Olórin may do a Hour of 13 cover in tribute. We used to cover "Hex of Harm" all the time.

I do have to give props to mike ( odin ) for dealing with a lot on this one. I dont think people will ever know the extent of the headaches that were involved in this and other stuff.

Its still going as we speak!!!!!

Anyhow, as Bob said, Mike has done a good job in trying to keep this together for the fest but it became out of his control.

yeah....this whole situtation kind has been building for a few weeks now. It was kind of like a one - two punch. First the Onslaught tour canceling...but that also lead to getting Tyrant's Reign, Vindicator and Viking. I think that these three are a lot better than the Onslaught tour package...again...just my two cents. I saw Onslaught last year to a very empty Reggies and a lackluster performance.

I am not sure what is going to happen next with getting a replacement band or just having bands play longer that day. I know there is talk of a few ideas. Basically it is a waiting game for a few things and then mike will announce what he plans on doing. It sucks it had to happen and there is a lot more to the story than what was released. The facebook thread got way out of control....I didnt even get a chance to join in that much because I was still at work.

The big issue is people are saying get another band or move some bands around...problem is that lots of the bands are from out of town and have the date they are playing on already set. Asking a band to change a day could be a pain you have to cordinate with 4 to 5 guys to change thier plans around.

I am guessing in a few days there will be an official announcement on what the plan is.

@ Bob - Just my two cents.
At this point, unless the added on band is a real game changer or someone who would pull from a different crowd, then why bother?

That's the real pisser of the Hour of 13 situation.
We can argue about how "much" of a draw they truly would have been.

The fact remains that they are the only mainstage doom band which would have been the deciding factor for some folks.

I think there are some side stage bands who could me moved to the mainstage if the logistics work.