How about an artwork report?

noren

Pixel coordinator
Jan 9, 2002
Alingsås, Sweden
www.progart.com
If anyone is interested :)

The cover artwork for "the third" is almost done now. I got an OK from the band today, so what's left for me now is some work on details to get everything perfect.

If it looks good? Well, my wife said it was 10 times better than the "Dead or dreaming" cover, but I don't know about that...hmmm.. maybe just 7 :D

No, but to be perfectly honest I think it might be my very best this far. Hope you will like it too....
...else you just have to close your eyes and listen to the music instead cause I'm sure it will rock! :loco:

\m/

/Mattias

Yes, this image was actually a project I started with just for the fun of it. But it came out as something that would work for Into Eternity and they liked it.

It's better to have much time instead of rushing an image at the last minute.

Hey everybody!

I just want to let you all know that Mattias Norén has posted the cover of the new IE cd Buried Into Oblivion on his website!! And OMD, just when I thought his Evergrey artwork was his best thing ever, he comes up with this..... it is fuckin AWESOME!!! My HERO in artwork has just outdone himself for my favorite band. How cool is that! You rule Mattias!! And guys of the band..... you are such lucky bastards!:) BiO is gonna KILL on all fronts now I'm sure!!

direct link to the image:
http://www.progart.com/bands/into_eternity_buried/noren.jpg

check out all of his incredible work at:
http://www.progart.com

xxx Marlies

PS and I didn't even have to kill for it!! :lol:

Demonspell said:
Amazing how you can design such a great image without having heard the music, as the album is still unfinished at the time of this writing...

Well, its not as hard as it sounds.
The basic idea was something that I created just for the fun of it, long before I knew it was going to be an Into Eternity cover.

When it was finished I knew that it would work for them... after all I know their style and I doubt that it will change THAT much for the new album. At least I hope it won't. :)

At the end I modified it as the band wanted me to. As an example, it was an idea from the band to use the crow this time as well.

So is that whole thing a painting or are parts of the picture real? If that shovel is real, I suggest putting it on ebay. :hotjump: