How andy sneap makes his kick sound???

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
can anybody help me ( perhaps mr. sneap)

I´m looking for this kick sound andy sneap is doing.

I can´t get it. I´m talking about the new 36 crazy fists, as I lay dying,
Killswitch engage, arch enemy, bla bla bla

you all now what I mean. I think quit a lot of people can make a kick real punchy but nobody can do it like andy.

Please no kidding!!!!

There are samples out there that can be used for Drumagog (check out the drumagog forums), it includes samples on Andy's kicks & snares and even toms!
For killswitch he used a Alesis D4 module as far as I know.
As I lay Dying, still trying to figure that out!
Arch Enemy, sample of his own DW24" kickdrum (the sample he made for general use is also a sample of his DW24" kickdrum)..

Hope this helps a bit.

I have the drumagog files, but the kick doesnt sound like andys productions.

Yeah i know some eq, some comepression ...

I do it all but thats not the andy sneap kick sound

the toms are great!!!!
Snare to but the kick???

help me

It would be way too hard too actually aim for Andy's kick sound, and get it done like Andy did it..

As far as i know, the kick samples he posted were directly from his DW24" kickdrum, no samples blended in, "just" the kick recorded and with some nice reverb added.. (and some EQ maybe?)

So Andy probably puts a sample or two on top of that one, and blends that in there.. he probably blends those samples as well, meaning it would be a bitch to even try and recreate his sound.. maybe he EQ's it after blending in samples, adds reverb, compression, and it's a different setup, different aproach, different mix, and a different mastering chain/setup..

It will always sound different...

i get so busy with other projects, i was wondering if any of you pro drumagog users would ever concider selling your sevices of replacing tracks, as in, i send you the file of say, raw kick drums and you replace them with like say andy's kick. and then send me that file back so i can import back into my recorder.

scorpio01169 said:
i get so busy with other projects, i was wondering if any of you pro drumagog users would ever concider selling your sevices of replacing tracks, as in, i send you the file of say, raw kick drums and you replace them with like say andy's kick. and then send me that file back so i can import back into my recorder.

I have done that a couple of times yeah.. but i did the entire mix then as well..
Scorpio, it would not be too hard to do that yourself really. it will save you some money...

You might want to take Andy's raw WAV files and cut them up yourself - whoever cut the .gog up and posted it on the drumagog forum really didn't double check to make sure all the samples started at the same point. On fast parts, you can hear fluttering because some start later than others.

DSS3 said:
You might want to take Andy's raw WAV files and cut them up yourself - whoever cut the .gog up and posted it on the drumagog forum really didn't double check to make sure all the samples started at the same point. On fast parts, you can hear fluttering because some start later than others.
if you're referring to the gog by Welchel, I created that GOG. I'm not aware of what you're referring to. Something's wrong somewhere. I just reviewed my project and all the kicks start with one sample blank.

I use this GOG a lot and have never experienced your problem.

maybe the fluttering is due to other issues on your audio source triggering track

Seizure. said:
uhhh.. its how you treat them!
Check out mendel for one! and acles kick is a pretty natural DFHS kick, i'm sorry man but your wrong on this one.

Acles kick sound wouldn't work at all for the style I'm doing, and I'm not a fan of Mendels ;).

That said, I'm a big fan of Bobby's - which is 80-90% Gog'd.

I heard you say otherwise!:

DSS3 said:
What kick sample is that, BTW? It sounds really good!

Mendel said:
@ DSS3: jup that's the kick from dfhs. I don't know why it sounds so full. this is my first song ever that doesnt have anything on the mastertrack but just 1 equalizer ( Q10 Waves ) and a Compressor ( waves ) .
And the whole sound/mix sounds much better.

http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251856

hehehe:lol: