How big is the Iron Maiden fan club?

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
I want to buy tickets to the upcoming Maiden tour, as I plan on driving down to Dallas to see it on my birthday.

Tickets went on sale about an hour ago for Fan Club only, but I have to wait until Saturday morning for regular people tickets.

What is the influence on fan club ticket purchases? I hate big shows because you have to buy a "seat" and shit...I like to be right up front, but this is Maiden we're talking about here. So when you guys have bought tickets to these shows in the past, what's the best I'm looking at if I'm buying as soon as regular tix go on sale?

I want to get as close as possible, and will pay the $100 :)yell:) price.

A couple things:
1) As far as I've ever heard, any given pre-sale only has 10% of the ticket pool for the entire show, and it's not just the best 10% of the tickets, it's distributed across the tiers of seating.

2) For Maiden shows, it's entirely possible to get pit without going through a pre-sale. You may, you may not, but as long as you're online/phone/whatever the second they go on sale to the general public, you've got a decent shot.

Cool. I'm hoping to nab two tickets and then either find a buddy who wants to and can afford to go, or just sell one and go at it alone...either way, it's fucking Iron Maiden, it's gonna be amazing. It will be the first and maybe only time I'll see them.

I agree with Purexul. The last Maiden tour in MD about 3-4 years ago I waited till the morning of regular tix sale and got pit seats no problem.

either way, it's fucking Iron Maiden, it's gonna be amazing.
This. First saw them on the BNW tour and have seen them 10 or 11 times since then (living in Southern California has its perks), and they never disappoint. Even seeing them on consecutive nights in the same venue, playing the same set, they completely blow me away...you will not be disappointed.

Yeah, I think the pre-sale for the fan club is bullshit. My friend is a member and we got in and got tickets right at 10am. 6th row in the 2nd section directly in front of the stage (so in other words about 40 rows back in an amphitheater type setting). He was pretty ticked that he paid to be in the fan club and we got such shitty seats 2 days before it goes on sale to the public.

I've seen Iron Maiden many, many times, and whenever they played a venue that had a pit / GA floor area, I was never able to get tickets for it by trying to be there the moment tickets went on sale... I was only ever able to find mediocre seats using that strategy. However, on many occasions, I've been able to get floor tickets by waiting until 2 - 4 weeks before the show and grabbing one of the additional allotment of floor tickets that was being held back for some reason and inevitably becomes available. Granted, this is a potentially risky strategy, and you do have to be semi-diligent about checking on the tickets every day or two, but I've used this strategy at least 10 - 12 times both for Iron Maiden and for other bands that play that size venue, and it's always worked for me. Just something to consider if you aren't able to find the tickets you want right on the on-sale date.

Cool. I'm hoping to nab two tickets and then either find a buddy who wants to and can afford to go, or just sell one and go at it alone...either way, it's fucking Iron Maiden, it's gonna be amazing. It will be the first and maybe only time I'll see them.

Ummmm... Hello? Rail Buddy...? Who could you possibly know who lives in Dallas? :D

As a member, the fan club is large. Getting prime tickets is still a challenge but not as much as if you have to wait for general public. It took 30 mins for me to get pit. It took some people about an hour. It's been awhile since I have bought tickets outside of the fan club but like someone already said, a few tickets must be reserved for the various pre-sales. I think the fan club was first then Citi I believe has a pre-sale then comes the General Public. But in the end, just seeing Maiden from any seat is awesome. :)