How close is your recorded sound to your actual guitar rigs sound?

Which of the following suits you best?

• Packing the inside of your 4x12 cab with Styrofoam peanuts to make it 40% lighter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MetallyGuitarded

He whom thou art not
Since getting both my guitars completely re-wired, re-strung and fully fucktastic I'm loving the guitar sounds I have. As I schemed a ghettoriffic way to record this glorious grind, I wondered...

How close to their actual amps' sound do those Sneapsters' recordings sound?

So lets have it.

Nate, your poll options crack me up, but I have no fucking clue what to vote for (sounds like they were written by Slipperman :lol: ) But I'll say that in the room the differences between settings are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more subtle than with a mic up to the cab, so I can tweak an amp (not my amp, cuz I finally know exactly what settings I like :D) and think it sounds good, then listen to the recorded tone, hear something I hate, and lower the corresponding knob to fix it; then when I play the amp in the room again and play with that knob, I'll hear what it is that bothered me in the recorded tone, but it'll be SO fucking subtle in comparison. But overall I'd say yes, what goes in comes out! Just don't marry yourself to your room settings is the best advice I can give!

I went for the punchy vag chords, because it refers to vagina. That word makes me giggle.

VAGINA

On that note, my recordings sound absolutely nothing like my live amp. Live the amp has far more growl, high end definition and way less fizz. Somewhere between the preamp out and the speakers my awesome signal becomes a fizzy thin mess.

/end rant.

vagina!

mine just sounds like a fizzy piece of shit and in the room it sounds like a cross between a more scooped version of The Fathomless Mystery's tone and Meshuggah-y twangy djentyness.
fuck

i neeeeed to get a new output jack for my 7 and start working on my micing again

Just don't marry yourself to your room settings is the best advice I can give!

So what you're saying is, to get a sound like my amp in the room, I may have to set the knobs to something that doesn't sound right in the room? And, once it's recorded and played back though the DAW it might actually sound like I like it to sound in the room?

BTW - Must you use the M-word? It gives me horrible flashbacks.