How cool is this?

Jan 28, 2009
I got a new contract to work in East Kansas City. The place I'm moving into is a small subdivision of duplexes but the mailboxes are all in one spot with no locks, so since I get a lot of CD's, I figure it better to get a post office box so my packages don't get swiped. I go to the post office and fill out the paperwork. The lady behind the counter gives me a cringed facial expression and asks me if I am superstitious. I say no, why? She laughs under her breath and tells me the next box available is P.O. Box 666. She asks if I want another. I tell her no, it's actually pretty neat. Think of all the possibilities in messing with other people's psyche.
But I swear if I begin to have bad luck, I'm getting another box.

That is fucking cool dude. I do think it's a bit funny the way we (metalheads in general I mean) get so caught up on that number. How many of us have kept receipts from a restaurant when our total was $6.66 or freaked out on June 6, 2006 etc? Hell, I was even a little geeked up when my credit score was 666! Ha ha...of course, I'm now happy that it's much higher than that now, but still.

% Six! Six-six! The post-box of the beeeeasst!!!! %

Back in the day, I'd deliberately stop the gas pump when it read $6.66. Nowadays that little amount of gas wouldn't be worth stopping for...so I'll shoot for $21.12. :)

I wonder who got PO Box 667.....the Neighbor of the Beast!

Well, actually, the Across-the-Street Neighbor of the Beast. :lol:

664 and 668 would be the adjacent homies in the 'hood. :saint:

If I had P.O. Box 666, I would start a business.

I'd offer it for use by the Brotherhood of Satan or the OTO.

--For a stiff, but not completely outrageous price. :heh:

I wonder who got PO Box 667.....the Neighbor of the Beast!

Well, actually, the Across-the-Street Neighbor of the Beast. :lol:

664 and 668 would be the adjacent homies in the 'hood. :saint:

If I had P.O. Box 666, I would start a business.

Hell,* I'd offer it for use by the Brotherhood of Satan or the OTO.

--For a stiff, but not completely outrageous price. :heh:

-=-=-=-
* pun intended, natch