How Did It All Come Together

Are we gonna get a "How It All Came Together" thread again this year, I forgot if you stated this in other threads.

I haven't decided yet. It may be a bit tougher to pull off due to the political tightrope I would have to walk.

This year will make for one hell of a chapter in the tell-all book I'll eventually write when I retire and tell the music industry to kiss my ass. :Smug:

That sounds interesting.

I'm sure there were several near-misses for bands to play this year that people would riot about =p

I haven't decided yet. It may be a bit tougher to pull off due to the political tightrope I would have to walk.

This year will make for one hell of a chapter in the tell-all book I'll eventually write when I retire and tell the music industry to kiss my ass. :Smug:
Shit, you had to say that. Now it makes me want to hear all the stories that much more, Glenn. LOL!

Not to jack the thread but I was wondering ( if it hasn't already been explained) how the All Star Jam came to be last year? Who's idea was it? How did it go from idea to putting things in motion and then getting all the players? How did PM become the "house band" for this, etc?

In this book, can we expect you to finally own up to the fact that ticket prices were raised the year Nightwish headlined, to cover the costs of you getting a lap dance from Tarja?

Zod

Can you atleast say what headliners you tried to get? :p

Can you atleast say what headliners you tried to get? :p

I think that is the political tightrope he is talking about, but you will be able to find out when the book comes out, it will be in Chapter 7.

And i know that A movie deal is in the works, with Josh Lucas playing the part of Glenn, and Reese Whiterspoon as Cindy, and cast of over 2000 to play the parts of the crew fans and bands.

As for a thread of this nature, save yourself the migrains and sleepless nights that would surely follow...

As for the book, something to entertain yourself while kickin' back in your lounge chair while sipping on your favorite drink with your toes in the warm St. John's sand and the sound of Buffet floating in the background...

I think that is the political tightrope he is talking about, but you will be able to find out when the book comes out, it will be in Chapter 7.

And i know that A movie deal is in the works, with Josh Lucas playing the part of Glenn, and Reese Whiterspoon as Cindy, and cast of over 2000 to play the parts of the crew fans and bands.

Teaser to be shown after the headliner on Saturday night.

I'm interested to know the nature of the "political tightrope" as I'm not sure I understand exactly what that means. Someone care to intellegently speculate for me?

I'm interested to know the nature of the "political tightrope" as I'm not sure I understand exactly what that means. Someone care to intellegently speculate for me?

Means he has to be extremely careful with what he says or otherwise he can get in trouble.

While I think Amorphis was an excellent choice for the fest, I'm fairly certain that they were not Glenn's first pick.

OOOO sounds sexy lol

any chance of getting a list of bands that you attempted to get that didn't happen???

You better be keeping a journal while it's happening so you don't forget later...

As for the book, something to entertain yourself while kickin' back in your lounge chair while sipping on your favorite drink with your toes in the warm St. John's sand and the sound of Buffet floating in the background...

That's going to be the disclaimer for said book: "To only be read under/ during the following conditions...."