How do loud as fuck?

RedDog

Humanoid typhoon
Sep 7, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma.
I need some reading material on sonic maximization. I just want a loud track, no fancy mastering, just something loud that can fit in an mp3 for my drummer.

Also, where is that "getting your loudness thread"? I can't find that thing anywhere. Dolphin browser, you know?

As for reading material, point me in the direction of the absolute limits of the digital audio realm.

Your personal maximization technique is appreciated, should you care to elaborate.

Compressor taking off 2-3db with slow attack and release.
T-racks clipper working on the drum peaks. I normally get pretty aggressive with this.
Limiter at the end taking off another db or so.

Should get you pretty loud providing the mix is good.

I love this plugin for turning on during playback and just real quick clips where i need the loudness.

http://loudmax.blogspot.com/

loudness1b.jpg

No fancy mastering? Just put a Gclip or any limiter on -0.2 threshold and raise the gain to taste.

Thanks for that, that thread was a good read. Slate drops in a few times with some very valuable information, I highly recommend reading it if anyone ever needs to question loudness.

^^^^

The louder you want your mix, the more bottom end you have to sacrafice, end of story. This plus a well balanced mix with fuck all dynamics. It won't sound good but it will be loud as fuck...

It's always about balance in the end. I actually got close to -8 rms when I hp'd at 50 hz. You can imagine the loudness. Sounded like total shit, but was LOUD. Definitely check that thread if you ever need to.