How Do Restore Macbook?

videinfra

Sep 6, 2007
Lubbock, TX
www.myspace.com
I'm getting ready to do a reinstall of OSX, I haven't done this yet and I'm lookin for tips to make it go by smoothly. I have an external how should transfer files I want to keep? Itunes library, plugins, programs.

I'm not 100% sure, someone needs to confirm this, but Time Machine would sound good for stuff like this. Why do you need to reinstall OSX?

if you have time machine backups, you can boot to disk, erase the hard drive and restore from backup, if you have leopard/snow leopard and haven't used time machine, your hard drive needs to be in OS Extended Format, then create a backup, then do as above

alternatively, you could just copy everything you need across to the hard drive, boot to the install disk and do an erase and install then bring everything back across...

so can i pull pieces from a time machine backup? I havent used it before so I dont know how it works. Also, what tips do you guys have for installing OS, as in, what parts I should avoid installing and things like that

Either Time machine, or if you have the CDs that come with it you put Disc 1 in a then it says restore hard drive and install, or sommat along them lines