How do use DFH in Pro Tools?

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
/noob in

Hey guys,

As some of you know, I've recently made the switch from Logic to Pro Tools 7.4. Using multi-out in Logic was kind of a pain in the ass, and I'm hoping it's easier in Pro Tools.

Sooo...

How do multi-out in Pro Tools? I'd like to be able to write MIDI for all the hits, and have separate tracks for each part of the kit.

I haven't dove into MIDI yet in Pro Tools, so any tips would be appreciated.

Also, panning is pre-set in DFH, correct? Any way to change this so I can pan in Pro Tools to my liking without confusion?

Thanks

/noob out

Joe

you can use a midi track if you like and route that to an aux or audio track.

Or the easiest way is to use an instrument track.

this is sorta midi track and an aux all in one

load the plug into the track, and u need to bring up in the mixer view, the instrument option.

This then allows you to route which channel of midi in DFH to the corresponding channel on the instrument track

What version of Logic did you use? I can think of no host that is easier to setup multiple outs than Logic 8/9 !

I had 8. It was way better in 8 than in 7 for sure, but still a bit of a pain IMO. Maybe it will be similar in Pro Tools, I don't know, but I'm a big fan of the Pro Tools interface already. Logic is still great for many things and has fantastic plugins.

Joe

How is clicking a plus button a pain??? Coz that's all you had to do in Logic 8, and 9. Multi-outs in PT is far more of a ballache than Logic, because you have to manually connect the outputs to your auxs or audio tracks.