How do you get new exposure to new music?

Another thread has people talking about new tunes they have heard from groups that are, I guess, on commercial radio. After giving up on broadcast radio several years ago, I now use PRM or spotify for my "random tunes."

Where do YOU go to listen to new music?

Here, eMusic, Pandora, Amazon (which actually does a good job of recommending things), and various other sits. I cannot remember the last time I've listened to any commercial broadcast radio beyond the occasional snippet here and there (mainly as a result of forgetting to grab a CD for listening in my truck or the Bluetooth connection to my phone takes a dump).

I either look at Lambgoat or Metalsucks every Tuesday because they wrap up all the releases for that week, and then queue them up on Spotify for the week. Pitchfork has a Spotify app, so I get most of my music from there.

Mainly reading the forums for metal-archives and nuclear war now for band recommendations, then youtubing them, or listening to albums and/or songs of the bands on bandcamp. I also browse metal torrent sites, as well as this forum, of course.

It used to be keeping up with the forums and metalstorm.net as well as torrenting (back before taking recording engineer classes) Now its mostly Spotify's built in discover app and related artists tabs along with word of mouth from my friends. Through word of mouth this year I've discovered music like The SoulJazz Orchestra, Red Barrat, and The Budos Band and after using the related artists tab from those bands on Spotify I've discovered bands like Speedometer. I also use Spotify's sharing service quite a lot for some friends, like our vocalist who has similar tastes in metal having recently send him the MaYaN album which he thought was "siiiiicccckk".

Also checking out bands we open up for or bands they are opening up for (via mentions on facebook and such). I've been digging the indie ish scene a lot lately

A number of forums, youtube, metal archives, new sites, etc. I also will look at release schedules for many distros and Amazon then go to youtube.

I find most of the new music I listen to from the bands them selves wanting promotion and also from my friends within the Female Fronted Metal underworld. Also via youtube as well.

Most of it comes from here or from friends. I am way too busy to be scouring the net and record stores like I did back in the day. This is one of the few sites that I come to religiously. Spotify and Pandora are also big helps.

My number 1 source is recommendations from friends. I also read a lot of zines and check out bands based on that. Forums, blogs, and checking out stuff based on name and album art fill out the rest.

Forums, mostly. Specifically this one, since it covers so many of my tastes and people here are always excited for new music. I'll also do youtube compilation videos sometimes, although a lot less now than I used to. Just set up a video playing clips of songs and stop when one of them grabs me. I've discovered a LOT of good stuff that way.

I'm a huge fan of Live365.com You can search for band names or genre and they pull up station that play them. There's usually something in there I haven't heard that I will delve into more. Also check out the thread for 2013 release here on this forum. Ive always said the ProgPower USA fans are the most knowledgeable about new music. Of course there's our friend Firebreath who's always recommending new bands...he's come up with a few winners :)

There's also Lastfm.com who have a page for "similar artists' to someone you might like or even a radio playlist of songs that are similar to an artist.

Progarchives.com is a monstrous website with so many subgenres of "prog" that you couldn't even keep up with them.

There's a few other forums but I generally same many of the same topics reposted or posted originally here and reposted elsewhere.

If I usually find something that captures my interest I'll Youtube more videos/songs from that band.

Last.fm's "recommended for you" section has hit the nail on the head for me on numerous occasions
There's the random power/prog facebook page that just posts songs
Blackwindmetal.com is probably my favorite review site that I hear about a lot of stuff on.