How many CDs do you buy in a month?

That's a lovely shade of green you have on your walls, Gugs. Let me climb into my time machine and find a color match somewhere. Okay ... off I go ... destination 1972. No, seriously I know that color is kind of in these days when it comes to home furnishings.

Britt

DarkTide said:
That's a lovely shade of green you have on your walls, Gugs. Let me climb into my time machine and find a color match somewhere. Okay ... off I go ... destination 1972. No, seriously I know that color is kind of in these days when it comes to home furnishings.

Britt

as an interior designer..always best to go with the colors of nature ( or neutral colors) browns and greens. Easier to mix color into the room with your paintings and accessories. :D

As for the cd buying....I average about 5-10 a month depending on wether or not I find things on my list. I keep a list in my purse of things I've heard and want to buy or cassettes I need to get on cd. I don't download at all but do listen to samples on sites to get a taste of the music. If not available there is always all you fine people on the UM boards to help us out! I can say since I've started coming to UM my collection has expanded immensely and I couldn't be happier! YOU ALL HAVE GREAT TASTE !!!:headbang:

MadeInNewJersey said:
Here's where you put 'em :cool:

Rack #1:
1981404.JPG

Rack #2:
151163426557.JPG

Close-up, just for the heck of it:
5669284.JPG

what is Nightfall At the Opera?

DarkTide said:

Britt

Thank you. :)

I chose it myself (Benjamin Moore, best paint in the world!) and painted my whole place (not all that color, but you get what I mean) to save some cash. Cool way to learn, actually!

I believe they call it Lewisville Green, not positive.

lucretia96 said:
what is Nightfall At the Opera?

Nightfall At the Opera is a 2-CD live bootleg from FM Radio in Germany, April 2002 I believe. Possibly 2003. Fantastic sound quality, and includes the entire opening set from Freedom Call as well.

Got it in Germany @ Wacken 2003.

I don't normally EVER support those who would SELL bootlegs, but I'd never seen this one before. Now I trade it or share it freely, to whomever wants. Would you like a copy?

MadeInNewJersey said:
I don't normally EVER support those who would SELL bootlegs, but I'd never seen this one before. Now I trade it or share it freely, to whomever wants. Would you like a copy?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::Spin:

DarkOne said:
I know it's been discussed before, but I am still amazed at where those with
collections in the thousands put their damn CDs.

My collection is just shy of 3600 cds. I built a custom oak rack for the basement that holds about 3000 of them (give or take a few). I keep a couple hundred in my office, including new acquisitions and favorites. The wife only allows Enya/country/seasonal cds to live in the living room.

I don't spend much time in the living room.

Acquisitions range from 0 to 50+ per month depending on what is new out, luck, whether I'm in Atlanta, etc. I do spend a lot of time haunting the local used cd and pawn shops. Sometimes I'll walk out empty handed, sometimes I'll buy 20. It just depends on what is in there.

MP3 is my radio and I download a lot of them. As you can tell by the size of my collection I believe in buying the originals if I like the music. The only way to hear the type of music I like is to download it. If it sucks I just delete it, if it rocks I buy it. That's the way it should work.

Rezz

I buy in Batch... a single batch at Prog Power. CDs are insanely expensive in Puerto Rico (I've bought CDs in Prog Power for $12.00 and seen them at anything from $18.00 to $22.00 back home, if at all) and I'm paranoid (there's no other word for it) about online shopping. Add to that the fact that the nearest store with a DECENT metal selection is an hour forty-five minute drive from where I live.

But the thing is that I have been working in the US for a couple of months now, and I have bought a few CDs over here. Pretty good "progpoweristic" prices as I describe them to a few friends. I'm not saying the name of the store, but they advertise with a big yellow tag. I have bought 3 to 4 CDs/month since Oct, and every month I've had to force myself to stop. Here's where my online shopping paranoia actually works for me. Being a batch buyer, I get carried away easily, as evidenced by my going $200 overbudget last PP. If I get carried away too often, the bank will keep my car and my house, and that would really suck...

I have about 2,000 CDs, which is a lot by the standards of the world at large but small potatoes by the standards of THIS forum! :)

I tend to buy in batches or spurts as well, typically from online vendors like The End or Laser's Edge, sometimes from DeepDiscountCD since they have free shipping. I'm a mean ol' bargain-hunter. :tickled: Recently I picked up a fair number at MediaPlay, since they've gone under and CDs were 80% off. And of course, record shows (hi there, Ned *boom*) and godHelpUsAll, at ProgPower. :ill:

I'm also a deejay at a radio station (WREK-FM) and sometimes score promo CDs, or I'll burn a copy for later. I buy the CDs I really like, though; I've got witnesses.

For a typical month (i.e., not September), I used to buy an average of 4-8 CDs. That flow has slowed to a virtual trickle after buying a house; after I pay off my car, I can resume my consumerish ways. :D

DarkOne said:
I know it's been discussed before, but I am still amazed at where those with
collections in the thousands put their damn CDs.

My collection is just shy of 3600 cds. I built a custom oak rack for the basement that holds about 3000 of them (give or take a few). I keep a couple hundred in my office, including new acquisitions and favorites. The wife only allows Enya/country/seasonal cds to live in the living room.

I don't spend much time in the living room.

Acquisitions range from 0 to 50+ per month depending on what is new out, luck, whether I'm in Atlanta, etc. I do spend a lot of time haunting the local used cd and pawn shops. Sometimes I'll walk out empty handed, sometimes I'll buy 20. It just depends on what is in there.

MP3 is my radio and I download a lot of them. As you can tell by the size of my collection I believe in buying the originals if I like the music. The only way to hear the type of music I like is to download it. If it sucks I just delete it, if it rocks I buy it. That's the way it should work.

Rezz

Wishmaster said:
As long as they don't take your CD player, how bad could it be? :)

--Mike

Point well taken! Though, giving it some thought...

1. No car = Can't drive to work
2. No job = No money
3. No money = No more CDs (and of course no house)
4. No house = No electricity
5. No electricity = Useless CD player
6. Car CD player = I lost the car in number 1, remember?
7. Batteries = Expensive. I also ran out of money on number 2

Conclusion: It would still suck!!!!!