How do you process your Sturgis Samples?

Spiritbeast

Noob-in-training
Mar 14, 2011
So continuing discussion in this topic: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...mpling-question-anyone-programming-drums.html , I was wondering how you guys processed your samples?

I've been going with the "1176 ON EVERYTHING" tip, and also high shelfing the cymbals so that they have their own place in the mix. (Also highpassing them). I GClipped the snare up too... That processing has helped and the drums are sitting pretty decently in my mix, but I think I could do better.

What EQ cuts do you guys use on your drums? What type of reverb are you guys using? Highpasses and lowpasses? There are many threads on EQing drums, but since the Sturgis samples are not quite as 'raw', I'm sure things are done differently.

averywiese said:
Just bus all your drums to your pod farm chain.

That was so funny, that I actually did it, I may use it as like an effect or something in. The future ;D

That was so funny, that I actually did it, I may use it as like an effect or something in. The future ;D

thats a great idaa. i might try it lol. but really processing is just tweaking till you love it. But I really HATE the sound of the WCAR Snare that i bought.

averywiese said:
thats a great idaa. i might try it lol. but really processing is just tweaking till you love it. But I really HATE the sound of the WCAR Snare that i bought.

Yeah tbh I'm not big on the drum samples. His cymbal samples are what I love