How do you run triggers into pre's w/o modules?

nwright

Apr 19, 2005
New Castle, Indiana
www.myspace.com
Probably an easy question, but I'm a newb to this idea...How do you run triggers into a mic pre without a module and then use samples for tones? Is it MIDI or what? Using a pre, it sounds like it's not MIDI.

My band is getting a Firepod to do demo work and I'd like to use samples if possible. My drummer and I have said we'd like to try to get nice samples of his kit and him doing the hits, but then use the triggers to put them into the music.

So, any help?

very cool. Thanks for your help. This has alleviated some concerns I've had. In the past, I just incorporated DM5 triggered samples in with the miked drums, but this can create some great new possibilities.

So, to make sure, drumagog can take the samples we make and then insert them? I know it could use the samples it has in the program, but I'd like to use our own.

Metalhead28 said:
You could convert the triggered "spikes" into MIDI in your host software, then use a sampler, or you could use a plug-in like Drumagog to replace the sound (no midi). I think drumagog is the easiest method.

www.drumagog.com

How do you convert the spikes to MIDI? I've been looking for an audio to MIDI converter but I am yet to find one.

johnjm22 said:
How do you convert the spikes to MIDI? I've been looking for an audio to MIDI converter but I am yet to find one.

Get KTDrumTrigger!
And guess what...it's free! :D
Not only does it enable you to record MIDI output it produces, but you can feed it to the input of the sampler of your choice, so that trigger plays whatever kit you've got ready.