how dose my mix sound?

Welsh_7/8stinger

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2012
Wales
Hias, i did this track last week and want to get some feedback on my mix/mastering on the track. all feedback welcomed :)

If you want to know i used superior drummer with mix of metal foundry, ny avater, metal machine. sansamp for bass and my digitech gsp 1101 or the guitars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds unique for sure.

Everything has a place and not fatiguing.
Only thing that jumps out at me is the guitars tone is ok but "distant".

Maybe a small eq boost on them around 4.5-6k?

here is a updated version of it.

The Balance of the Instruments sounds ok to me. But for my Taste everything seems to be to centered.
I almost never put my Guitars in the Center when there are Vocals running.

Heavy Greetz

You squashed your track too hard in the mastering phase. The sound itself isnt neccessarily bad, but its lacking punch due to the loudness. I think you could turn down the synths a bit, too, unless its your intention to have it that way.

Your track has no fucking bottem end. A lot of people have problems controlling it, but you went ahead and gone ahead and got rid of of all of it. Reference this guy he does an amazing job with his mixes and tracking.

When you are mixing, you're better off emulating someone else unless you're absolutly positive your sound is just that bad ass.

Your track has no fucking bottem end. A lot of people have problems controlling it, but you went ahead and gone ahead and got rid of of all of it. Reference this guy he does an amazing job with his mixes and tracking.

When you are mixing, you're better off emulating someone else unless you're absolutly positive your sound is just that bad ass.

This sound is really good. I wish something I recorded would sound something like that. But I am not really into that kind of music.

Another thing I realised on the Song from the Threadstarter is that there may be a little too much around 2-4K. I also had the same problems with my mixes. You could easily hear that when you put your hands behind your ears.
That's what I do until I am optimizing my listerning Room.

Heavy Greetz