how dumb is trivium

they aren't as bad as a lot of people make them seem. yeah, his vocals are bad. but i've heard worse. and the music isn't horrible.

Trivium actually kicked ass at the SOTU show yesterday. I don't really care for most of their music, but they definitely have the spirit of metal while performing. Heafy played one of those Dimebag Razor guitars the whole set, and they did a decent, albeit abbreviated, rendition of Master of Puppets. My only complaints are that sometimes they come off a little "poser-ish" - the other guitar player wears jeans that are super tight, and it looks like he took a razorblade and sliced open the knee and the bass player was wearing a tight ass jean jacket when it was 100 fucking degrees out, and that gay fluffy hairstyle has got to go.

metalkingdom said:
Trivium actually kicked ass at the SOTU show yesterday. I don't really care for most of their music, but they definitely have the spirit of metal while performing. Heafy played one of those Dimebag Razor guitars the whole set, and they did a decent, albeit abbreviated, rendition of Master of Puppets. My only complaints are that sometimes they come off a little "poser-ish" - the other guitar player wears jeans that are super tight, and it looks like he took a razorblade and sliced open the knee and the bass player was wearing a tight ass jean jacket when it was 100 fucking degrees out, and that gay fluffy hairstyle has got to go.

Agreed on all levels

trivium would be good if they didn't exist. they don't offer anything new to metal. they take basic metallica-ish riffs and put them over horrid vocals. the singer is the band, he hired the other musicians. there is no real bond there. he doesn't deserve where he is today in my opinion, but he won't stay up top forever, so i say let him have his 'fame'. the band was pretty chill in person and didn't really care after i said how much their vocalist sucks, aka they seemed like they already knew and didn't care. none the less the music is decent and he could just hire a lead singer thats good to cover vocals... and then wow it'll be like iced earth - the band i saw them open for... except john shaffer has more talent than that poser any day.

but hey both bands aren't nearly as special as nevermore.