how fucking sweet is the clean/crunch channel of the Bogner Marshall???

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I'm usually using the high gain channel of my Bogner modded JCM800, IMO it's the best amp I ever had for leads...both screaming and liquid.

I never really used the clean channel for anything, cause when I'm looking for clean I usually gravitate towards the Earforce, I don't know why I never tried the clean channel of the Bogner/Marshall with the gain higher....oh my fucking god, that channel oozes sweet sweet tone.

here's a little example...not really "playing", just hitting some more or less random notes.
I used the neck pickup for this with the tone rolled down a bit.
Settings on the amp were:
pres:4
Bass:7
Mid:4
Treb:4-5
master: 2 (imagine how awesome this would sound with the master up high!)
preamp: 7

Cab was the Mesa Recto with a single sm57 in front (I should have used the ribbon for this, but that would have been too much OMFG and I would have eargasm'd before I could have hit record)

I had the MXR Carbon Copy in the loop for this and a tiny bit of almost clean od820 in front of the amp.

ESP Eclipse EMG85

Fender Strat EMG SA (Luke)

now imagine I would have used passive pickups, a Marshall greenback cab and a ribbon mic, the tone would have been 5 times better....and I'm loving this already.

now imagine I would have used passive pickups, a Marshall greenback cab and a ribbon mic, the tone would have been 5 times better....and I'm loving this already.

yeah that must sound pretty epic

but do you also have bands in the studio that could use that?^^
Or maybe for a Rarefaction song?