How hard is it really to find a drummer to fill in?

david411

May 7, 2002
Seattle WA
Visit site
I got a friend who can play any opeth song from their heavy set they might have, i mean even if all martins fills and stuff arent there who cares! drummers can improvise so long as they know the song. Use the drummer just to hold the beat, id rather see a heavy set with a poor drumming job than their damnation show again shortened, im not bitching im jsut saying, metal drummers are a dime a dozen

PS what do you guys think the Seattle show is gonna look like? (ill be there anyways short set, long, whatever)

I'm thinking the stop-on-a-dime shifts in tempo and texture will throw off even veteran drummers. Its not like Cannibal Corpse or Goatwhore where you just do straight blast beats for 2 hours. Martin's the fucking man!

I'm a drummer and I could pull off the heavy set. I'm going to the Phoenix show. Who knows. I wouldn't do it as good as Martin or get all the fills exactly right but I'd keep tempo and have played the songs many times and can anticipate the changes.

guys dont be RIDICILOUS!

what you're expecting Mikael to pick up a drummer Opeth fan in each city and let him play the drums?!?!?!?!

i'd understand, it's nice to dream about it, you are on the stage, playing drums for Opeth but, lol wake up.

Nah, they should cancel all shows until he is fit again, whats the point of playing with another drummer? They should keep their proper lineup. Take a break if you need to

You're such assholes! you're talking about a human being as if it were a disposable item. A doll just to please you "fans".....

Martin is Opeth's drummer and he needs to recover, end of discussion. He's irreplacable at the moment!

Or just let me do the whole Opeth-tour alone! I'm beginning to get pretty good to play drums and guitar at the same time! And I just need to figure out how to play the bass with my toes while I use the bassdrums! that would be a killer show, I promise you!

AbsentFriend said:
You're such assholes! you're talking about a human being as if it were a disposable item. A doll just to please you "fans".....

Martin is Opeth's drummer and he needs to recover, end of discussion. He's irreplacable at the moment!

Ok, some of you are assholes...