how long does your avrg. mix take?

5 earth minutes.

Ziltoid.jpg

hmm... it can take me a while to get a good mix. but yah once you have got it, the rest fly by.

i need to start making templates! because it is alot quicker.

the only thing i dont quite get is. once you have mixed the first song, and you've chopped the fuk out of all the other to neaten them all up. how do you import them files into the template of the first track? i know how to make the template. but how to i move ofther files in neatly if they've been chopped to pieces? is this wat the 'glue' funtion is for? if u glue two events together, does that glue the audio and image files together in the folders their stored in?

hmm... it can take me a while to get a good mix. but yah once you have got it, the rest fly by.

i need to start making templates! because it is alot quicker.

the only thing i dont quite get is. once you have mixed the first song, and you've chopped the fuk out of all the other to neaten them all up. how do you import them files into the template of the first track? i know how to make the template. but how to i move ofther files in neatly if they've been chopped to pieces? is this wat the 'glue' funtion is for? if u glue two events together, does that glue the audio and image files together in the folders their stored in?

Well i chop everything and whatever and add my crossfades then in protools i consolidate the tracks and this makes one solid audio file. Then i just open my mixing template and import or with protools 7.4 now just drag and drop right into my session. Its pretty simple in protools.....

Does anyone else record songs for bands in one project? I find it saves a lot of time when it comes to mixing, because you adjust one thing and it's done to all of the songs. Is this a bad habit to get into?

I do that with all the "fast" projects when bands can't pay much which is always the case ;)
On my own projects and bands I'm mixing quite long, because most of the time it's different recording sessions or totally different songs in general.

I usually spend a few days on one song working on and off.
I'm completely paranoid about it and a lot of times, i'll mix it, scrap that mix and start over multiple times.

When I get to where I think it's "done", I'll check it all over the place. multiple headphones, my car, friends cars, pa systems, dvd players (tv speakers). Anywhere I can play it, I'll check it and listen to see if it's still acceptable. If there's something wrong, I'll go back, adjust and do it again. Trial and error.

I still remember the first band I ever recorded and doing 18 different mixes on the one demo song. When I listen back to the raw tracks, I have no clue how the hell I got to sound as good as I did.

for one tune: a couple of hours to nail it, then a few days to screw it up, then about a week to fix it back.