How long have you all been mixing/producing/mastering?

Since 2000, although from 2000-2001 I stubbornly rejected any tips or advice, and produced generally horrible sounding stuff. At least I've never tried to market myself as a producer, and stuck to my own stuff.

Torniojaws said:
Since 2000 and the learning curve has probably been exponential (read: I started to learn stuff properly about a year ago :lol:)

Same thing here. I did my first multitrack recording in 2001. But I really got into this shit last year. :)

Started recording in 1996, but it was horrible sounding homerecording crap, until I got better Equipment in 2004. Only then I really started learning...:headbang:

Since about 2000 when I took a couple of recording classes at a local community college. It wasn't until about a year and a half ago that things really started to click and I was getting decent results on a regular basis.

ive been engineering for about five years. shortly before that the band i was in did an album at zeuss' studio and i was hooked. i remember not wanting to leave, lol! the past two years ive been super serious and now its starting to pay the bills. i have a blast whenever im in the studio, any studio.

1999/2000. Started getting really into it in 2003, and getting more and more, exponentially. :D

Being paid to engineer since 2004, still unhappy with my results, but learning constantly.

Andy's first reference monitors.

vitrola.gif

j/k :p