How many of you actually have actually the UAD-1?

I have UAD-1?

• Yes, I have UAD-1

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No, but planning to get one

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No, and not planning to get one

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • What is UAD-1?

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
I know it's not the question, but, as the opposite of some people who get here and try to be the next Sturgis-ripoff (not pointing out any of regulars here, just some occasional new guys), I honestly don't think it's the only way to achieve good sounds and, if Joey's tips about his workflow / editing / mixing helped me a lot to figure out things, I try to make things sound the way I like them. I'm a lot into ITB stuff, I just love soft-amps, etc. But I don't need every single plugin Joey uses :p So in this mindset I decided not to jump on it for now.

facepalm.jpg

I was just explaining the reasons why I didn't bought it when I got the opportunity a couple of months ago. Instead I'm saving up for PodFarm to complete my guitar setup. I mean, for bass I've already made up my preferences on some plugins and I am pretty comfortable with it, and can't see if it would really improve my overall bass tone using the "famous" Nigel. And for other plugins, I already have some plugs I'm getting pretty used with, and I can't say if it would really be an improvement to switch. I was hesitating too much and I'm trying to make my own choices instead of letting myself be influenced by "trends". There was my reasoning, sorry if wasn't clear in the first place.

I always wanted one, and I don't care about nigel.

There are great plugins for uad1 that would be just silly to forget because of that amp sim.

I don't even know what to say about a UAD thread turning into a "yeah nigel for teh brootz" thing :(

God, I thought these useless flame wars were going to stay in the Andy Sneap section. Part of the reason why I switched to this section...

Second, I already use other stuff for guitars and enjoy it. I wanna get PodFarm to extend my choices. It seems like it's fun to bash on people...

Anyway, I don't get your reaction guys. Sorry if I don't know UAD-1 plugins well enough. I've never had the luck to hear the difference myself, so I could make the good choice when I had this opportunity to buy it!

I was considering it but to be honest I'm staying away from it for the same reason that I've stayed away from POD Farm.

This is the same as saying, "I'm not going to buy a Distressor because I know other producers have it and I dont want to sound like everyone else."

UAD is not just nigel, actually they discontinued that plugin. UAD is probably one of the best plugin companies out right now.

UAD is not just nigel, actually they discontinued that plugin.

That I did know. But I wasn't aware of that their plugs were so good. I probably should have informed myself better about those plugins. I haven't found (well haven't searched a lot, I hate surfing around on my iPhone, especially on desktop version sites) an exhaustive list of UAD-1 plugins... Are they any different from newer versions? And are there any advantage/downside to UAD-1 cards/newer systems?

Plenty of advantages in the newer cards because you can run more and more plugins as you go higher in the cards.
The plugins that are on the uad 1 can be run on the uad 2 cards but NOT vice versa