How many of you use Sweetened Tunings?

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Recently got put onto the buzz feiten system. Using the following to get more chords on in tune:

E1 = -2.3 cent
B2 = 0
G3 = 0
D4 = -0.4 Cent
A5 = -2.1 Cent
E6 = -2.3 Cent

Wondered how many of you guys if at all are using anything like this to stop you going insane on shorter length scales?

I'd always noticed my Jem was a touch nasty on an open G chord, so always tuned slightly flat. This system of tuning seems to help it a little more.

Always...
Love the sound of my gibsons
But there Huge pain in the Ass to tune
Been thinking about switching to a wound G but a little apprehensive about how its going to feel after playing a standard G for last 15 years....

Nah, too troublesome.
I tune my 6th mildly flat, then kick in the distortion and move around the power chords. Open E5, G5, high E5 and so on.

I hardly find myself using a tuner while "fine tuning". I just stick by how the power chords sound, as they're capable of sounding extremely consistent with very little "ringing" if properly tuned.

I also tune acoustic guitars that way, kicking in a bit of OD to the the DI.

Sorry if this post ain't coherent enough. I could post a video or something if you guys ask for it.

Been thinking about switching to a wound G but a little apprehensive about how its going to feel after playing a standard G for last 15 years....

Do it mate. It feels better and it stays in tune way better. At least for me. I don't think that I'll be going back to plain G string ever.

Do you know what temperament is?

Guitars are a flawed instrument in the sense that it's basically impossible to intonate perfectly.

I think the guitar is one of the instruments where you can hear it the most. Like the freakin G-string, always sounds flat to me. And i usually use a tuner to tune the top 3 lowstrings then finetune big chords etc by ear.

I intonate every guitar that comes in with strobe tuners. No issues here. Working on Telecaster with vintage brass barrels, two strings per barrel is a pain in the dick. Compensated ones help, but it's never perfect.