how many times have you seen saxon?

The first time i saw Saxon was on the `Wheels of Steel` tour in 1980, the last time at Wolverhampton last year. In between those shows i would say about twenty times, i`ve spent some money, but its been worth it.

I will be seeing Saxon in Bradford in October ... I don't think that I've looked forward to going to a concert this much since I saw Paul McCartney in 1993. I hope that I will fit in with the crowd; regardless, I know that I will have a good time. :headbang:

Saxonfan - you must have seen the band in a much different way between gigs. I mean - 'Nations' and then 'Unleash'! And well done for the recent fanatic support you gave Biff and Co for KG and LH! Bloody Hell!![/QUOTE]
Nightwar...I actually saw them no different,just thanks to the the web can keep tabs on.I remember them coming on Destiny,but found out late and couldn't make it.after that I never knew of them coming.I may be going through a midlife crisis,I'm not sure,but I will continue to follow Saxon to the end.I'm 35 and am married and have 2 kids now,but my wife lets me go.I'm also thinking of travelling to the Uk again for Lionheart,if there are no plans for them on coming to the states.Maybe we can meet for a drink....

Cindi - Well done for getting the Bradford gig and don't worry, you will love it and have no problems fitting in with the crowd. I hardly look like a MetalHead, but I've met some really great folks at the gigs I've gone to. In fact, I've made some good mates out of people that I simply bumped into during my recent Saxon, Priest and Rush gigs! I'm sure that someone on the forum will be going to the Bradford gig, so you don't have to feel isolated when you go, ok?

Saxonfan - I know exactly what you mean! The Web really helps out with things like this. Even if you don't attend gigs and such, it is so easy to keep up to date with your favourite musicians and, therefore, keep you interested! Long Live The Web, I say!
And don't worry, Mate - it isn't no Mid-Life Crisis, ok?
I'm 33 and always busy in my occupation and family-life, yet I always find time for the music I love. I've listened to - and even bought - material from 'new' artists, yet nothing touches me in the same way the classics do!
I really believe that you are never too old to love Rock music - it's like the blues or Jazz; it's Universal!
If you are seriously thinking of coming over to the UK, I'd be happy to meet up with you and have a few pints before and after the gig and make you feel welcome!
I'm also pretty sure that there would be other Forum members that would be happy to help you out!

Yes I remember seeing them at sheffield city hall! Fond memories. I shall be seeing them with motorhead in june. I saw them when they played bloodstock fest and I got their autographs and have my pic taken with biff. That was great

nightwar said:
.... The Web really helps out with things like this. Even if you don't attend gigs and such, it is so easy to keep up to date with your favourite musicians and, therefore, keep you interested! Long Live The Web, I say!

Not to mention all the 'free' movies, games and pr0n!! Aye long live t'web

Well, I am really looking forward to seeing them with my sweet Arkitex.
I definitely don't look like a Metalhead ... I am more of a school teacher type. Although I listen to Saxon on my clock radio to wake me up in the morning, I will hopefully be able to learn some of the songs before October.

hey Cindi

you are no way a school teacher type....lol

you are way far prettier even thoufgh you are a teacher! lol (sorry no offence to any school teachers), and I cant wait till we move in together in Ilkley next month.

by the way in answer to this thread, I have seen saxon about 5 or six times all in London when i lived there, the last one being the gig at Brixton Academy supportin Priest!

Ciao

About 15 to 20 times all in the Netherlands.
The first one was The Solid ball of Rock tour in Noorderligt

The School Teacher type has always been fine with me...

Anyhoo, it's very cool to hear of a little romance on the forum - congrats and stuff go your way Arki & Cind!

Saxonfan - No probs, my Good Man! I'm planning on going to the Dudley gig late in the year. October or November? That's just down the road from Birmingham Airport, if that helps. Just let me know, if you're interested in meeting up. I'm sure we can arrange a liason point where alcohol is consumed before and after the gig!

3 times for me - twice at the Glasgow Apollo few years back. Saw them last October at King Tut's in Glasgow and they were absolutely blistering. Wow what a gig. It was so insane seeing them play in such a small venue - but actually those small venues are the best aren't they, get right up close and personal. Managed to get quite a few good pics as well. Yep Saxon kicked up a storm that night.

Was actually meant to be seeing them again in Edinburgh a few weeks back but unfortunately that gig was cancelled - and rescheduled to 19th October, so hopefully will be catching them again.

2112 - I've heard so many good things about that King Tut's gig!
If you've got decent photos of the gig and can shoot them onto the forum, feel free to do so, OK?

I know what you mean about small venues.
I've been into Saxon for quite some time, but when I saw them last year in Wolverhampton, I knew that they had become my favourite band!
I'd seen lots of artists at pretty big venues, but the intimate surroundings of this gig simply hit me in a completely different way!
I'm going to the Dudley gig later this year and, apparently, this is an even smaller venue! I can't wait!

nightwar said:
If you've got decent photos of the gig and can shoot them onto the forum, feel free to do so, OK?

Yes ok, I've got about 20 pics that I took that night, and they turned out ok considering it was first time using that cam, plus the fact I was a bit wrecked (that's soooo unlike me), plus I was standing stageleft on this wee bench and every time I went to take a photo the guy beside me started banging his head furiously and I kept thinking I was going to take a header into the crowd. I'll fire them up later on tonight for you all.

About the intimate venues - I was totally stunned when I realised that Saxon were playing at King Tuts. Usually bands start off there before they make it big (Oasis were discovered there apparently) and for the likes of the mighty Saxon to be playing there was just unbelievable. It only holds about 250 max and it was unreal seeing Saxon walk onto the stage cos I could have just reached out and touched them. They could have filled the Barrowlands easily but I'm not complaining it was excellent seeing them at Tut's and everyone there just couldn't believe our luck at seeing them in such a small place. Also Biff was in brilliant form that night, when I saw them at the Apollo twice before they just really hammered out the songs but at Tut's Biff was laughing and joking and had a great rapport going on with the crowd. At one point during a guitar solo, Biff spotted someone near the front talking on his mobile phone and he grabbed the phone off the guy and started talking to whoever was on the other end. Brilliant or what!!!!! They played for well over 2 hours - we just weren't going to let them get off that stage.

Another band I saw in a really small venue was the brilliant DIAMOND HEAD. They were playing down in my local pub!!!!! called the Bungalow Bar in Paisley. I kidd you not, only 50p to get in to see them, and there was only about 50 folk there. They were tremendous. I bought the album Lightning to the Nations there, the rare one that you could only buy at gigs, the one in white sleeve, for £2 and I noticed it recently sold on Ebay for over £100!!!! Still got mine and still play in regularly cos its AWESOME!!!! But the dumb thing was why did I not get it signed cos Sean Harris was busy signing all the albums but I must have been wrecked or something and not thinking straight.

You have some very cool stories to tell, Your Royal Highness! Thanks!

Regarding Biff and the mobile story - yeah, I've heard about this one! I mean, that is such a great thing! Imagine having Biff say 'Hello' to you whilst he is doing a gig!! Very weird and very cool at the same time!

Diamond Head - I've heard of them but never 'heard' them, if you know what I mean! How can you argue for 50p!!! Bloody Bargain no matter what!!
What style of Rock are they?

Was it Diamond Head who did "Am i Evil" ? and then attempted a really lame comeback in the 90's because the even more lame metallica play it ??

No offence btw, thats the only song i have heard by them....but it was lame!