How much are we talking here??

Elysian, you're whinier than an emo kid's Livejournal. Not because you think AYDY sucks -I couldn't care less about your musical taste-, but because you just keep bitching and moaning...about something as trivial as an album you hate by a band you hate! Ignore the band, ignore the album, quit wasting your time and energy on their forum; GET OVER IT already!

i think we just described lantern's tits

seriously though, you take me too seriously, but thats expected from a dumb bitch as yourself, i think the album sucks plenty, but the only reason i bitch is because of idiots like you who take personal and obvious offense to it, it makes my day. and i've said it once, and probly twice, but i'll say it again, i don't hate bodom, but you have a problem with literacy, because i only hate this new shit album.

well considering i know a bit about the buisiness I will have to say that they probbably do well, because of the merch that sells, and they do, as stated above, get very little in album money because before you even make a cent on an album, you have to pay back your record company for the money they gave you to record the album. So they make probbably next to nothing on albums, which is most like all the other bands. A band generates it's money by touring, merch, synchronization rights, publishing of thier music, and any advertising they do, or endorsements(if they get paid and not just in free gear). Plus there is the use of their music in movies or commercials which I'm not sure exist at this moment, but I could be wrong.

Plus you can't forget that the band also has to pay a percentage of what they earn to other people. Regular manager, tour manager, Lawyers, And any agency that deals with getting them shows, doing their accounting, webspace design and matience. There is quite a lot of expenses of being a band and that is why they have to play a show almost every day on a tour.

And plus the ticket sales of shows are split between bands, so that is even less money for them.

i'll add something to this thread... my friend kris of darkest hour told me he was making between 50 and 60k a year just from the band, but he's been touring nonstop for about 3 years now, thats where most of the money comes from... and thats just 50-60k a year for him, the rest of the band is making the same share

Tinkerbell%20and%20Pan.jpg

Elysian893 said:
i think we just described lantern's tits

seriously though, you take me too seriously, but thats expected from a dumb bitch as yourself, i think the album sucks plenty, but the only reason i bitch is because of idiots like you who take personal and obvious offense to it, it makes my day. and i've said it once, and probly twice, but i'll say it again, i don't hate bodom, but you have a problem with literacy, because i only hate this new shit album.

lol dude seriously though your so stupid to think that whe take it personal, thats whats actually pisses me off about you, you think your fucking playing us, living in your own little forum world, when your actually just making an ass out of yourself, so continue and in a few years from now youl think back of how retarded you were if your not dead yet because of stupidity :tickled:

I wonder how much Alexander got out of the deal. Poor guy is giving guitar lessons or something, I wonder if he still wips out the old reaper guitar and playes the new stuff hahaha :p or even spend his time her smurfing here

DeathPact said:
lol dude seriously though your so stupid to think that whe take it personal, thats whats actually pisses me off about you, you think your fucking playing us, living in your own little forum world, when your actually just making an ass out of yourself, so continue and in a few years from now youl think back of how retarded you were if your not dead yet because of stupidity :tickled:
so you started your big crybaby "cob forum is mean to me" thread because it didn't bother you? ass jockey.