How much do You charge for Playbacks?

AboutBlank

Nov 27, 2009
Berlin, Germany
Hey guys, I'm a little curious how much do you charge for playbacks?

My mate had recorded a band one year ago and they asked him, if he can give them one song without vocs from the album.
so, they thought it would be for free. ... bands...:rolleyes: ;)

they offered him 20€, we both think it's too sparse.

I mean it's everytime the same, digging in old memory, export-import bla bla bla...

They don't see the work(atleast the most of them).

Whats a real payment?

Thx

That sounds pretty damn fair to me... 20 bucks to bounce something real quick? You really feel it should be more than that? :lol:

lol what? I usually just do this for free. it takes like, 2 minutes max. unless the band tries to take advantage of me I'm ok with donating 2 minutes of my time to help them out.

Meh just fuckin bounce it for them for free and tell them that's all they get.

my old engineer gave me my whole 1st album several years later on DVD ... he took the time to burn about 6 of them for all my files, plus the time it took to restore everything from backups and all it cost me was a 1/2 hour drive to his house to pick them up.

Not saying that how everyone should be but for something as simple as bouncing down an already finished mix with the vocals muted for one song? I'd feel like an ass if I charged someone for that

If they start asking for a bunch of other things, well then yeah, they should be charged hourly rate or something like that

In this case, definitely. If it was something like a polite inquiry a couple of weeks after the project was finished, I'd do it for free, no problem. But it still means you have to dig up the old project, bounce it and send the file/burn a CD, which is time away from the projects you're working on now.

Yeah man, thats exact the case.

For shure, after finishing they get everything they want.
But after one year I think it's completely ok to charge smth.

The hourly rate is a perfect and fair solution, imo.

Wanna add that he's def. not a cash-hungry dude, but work is not for free.
And imo Bands should learn that Audio ings also have to pay their bills.
Beware of the downfall.

Thanks.

Yeah man, thats exact the case.

For shure, after finishing they get everything they want.
But after one year I think it's completely ok to charge smth.

The hourly rate is a perfect and fair solution, imo.

Wanna add that he's def. not a cash-hungry dude, but work is not for free.
And imo Bands should learn that Audio ings also have to pay their bills.
Beware of the downfall.

Thanks.

Indeed.
Had someone ask me to Fedex the Masters to Hicksville USA Ages after recording. (im in England)
Told them if they paid for the time it took me to burn them to DVD and the cost of shipping then fine.
THey didn't.