How often do you practice?

How often do you practice

• Total voters
i vary in my practice regiments...

i used to practice 2 hours a day

now either don't practice much more than 15 minutes a day or 2 hours depending on my mood

I don't time my practice sessions, but it differs every day. Some days i don't play, some days i play for like 8 hours.

I think another question could be... what is everybody's practice regimen? Do you practice tech exercises, scales, arpeggios, random fiddly bits, songs?

I don't time my practice sessions, but it differs every day. Some days i don't play, some days i play for like 8 hours.

I think another question could be... what is everybody's practice regimen? Do you practice tech exercises, scales, arpeggios, random fiddly bits, songs?

I just play songs and stuff most of the time, but I practice chromatic exercises and sweep picking cause I still need to master sweep picking.

Over the school year I'll practice probably an average of an hour a day, but over the summer between 2 and 4 hours, definitely. However, my "practicing" isn't so much practice as it is jamming. I just keep trying to write new material or work on existing material rather than practicing scales or stuff. I'm not particularly in playing lead guitar, so I feel this is a better use of my time, and more fun. Once I start composing leads for my stuff I'll probably practice scales and stuff more, but I feel like I'm improving at a rate that's fine; the material I write is generally getting more complex and technical but I don't really try to make it that way.

Irratic anymore, I am also guilty of pretty much setting it down for a combined total of 25 years over the duration. At my most enthused periods 3-4 hours was not uncommon.

Over two hours a day, time just passes so fast that it's actually annoying. But I have a real devotion to keeping up my playing so nothing really gets in my way, even if I have to stay up late, I will practice my ass off.

Though, I think its good to take a day off every once in awhile.

I don't really "practice" but I play for around 3 hours on school nights and for ages on any other night.And for the guy wondering about bass sweeps, i don't know what hand your having trouble with, but for down sweeps i use my nails to strum and for up I use my fingertips.

I just write something new on the computer every two or three days but I can't play any of it :p
I write stuff in my head and then force myself to play it.
Although a lot of the stuff I write winds up being a stylistic rip-off of another band. I prefer to think of it as a "tribute":p

^ Same here.

I'm going to try and write something I can actually play.
Actually, I half lied. I can't sweep, tap, use harmonics, or play a chord with more than three strings, but aside from that, guitar is pretty easy :lol:
I write stuff in my head and then force myself to play it.
Although a lot of the stuff I write winds up being a stylistic rip-off of another band. I prefer to think of it as a "tribute":p
A lot of the music that I write is influenced by other music, but oddly enough, it generally ends up sounding nothing like what inspired it by the time I'm finished. Actually, a few people have told me that my style is pretty distinct. One kid even told me that he laughed out loud while listening to a collab that I did with someone else, because it was so easy to tell which parts I wrote.