How one band can ruin it for all others ... aka I hate Bloodhound Gang

Then they aren't a GOOD artist.

GOOD art should be supported. Others should not.

137267476163.png

...basically Bloodhound Gang decided to behave like the assholes they always looked like, and made a very obscene gesture w the Russian flag at their latest show in Russia.
Claus... it may be worth noting that the band didn't actually do this in Russia, but in Ukraine. Granted, that doesn't make this blow any softer for you. And I'm not going to suggest for a second that I understand Russia-Ukraine relations. But to my mind, I'd have a lot less respect for the band if they did this on Russian soil, in front of a Russian audience. Granted, it's still an immature act, and likely more about attracting publicity than rebellion. On the flip side, the fact that they didn't do this on Russian soil makes this even more of an overreaction by Russia. Then again, you can't expect a country whose greatest comedic export is Yakov Smirnoff to have much of a sense of humor.

Speaking as someone who takes great pride in his "not liking of things" I find this image highly offensive. :loco:

ur so edgy and alternative omg do u wear one of those 'you laugh at me because i'm different i laugh at you because you're all the same' shirts? :p

What, you didn't see the inherent humor in Gorky Park?

BANG!

/wasn't that just Bon Jovi pretending to be Russians?
This band was merely a US attempt to push Western influence into Russia after Rocky had gone over there and kicked their asses...or was that Rambo or The Wolverines? HAHA
No matter cause Jovi went over and saw a million faces, and rocked 'em all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually kind of agree with J. Golden here. Offensive? Sure. But it's a punk rock move and I believe the ire should be placed on the Russian over-reaction and not the band committing the act.

Gotta give it up and credit to BHG here.:headbang: It just sucks that a rock n roll bands political stance infringes on others chances to capitalize.

No, they don't deserve any credit whatsoever, as all they are doing is provoking just to provoke. If they wanted to take a political stance and make a point, they wouldn't have done it in such an immature way. Smart people would use their words, not take a flag (which SHOULD be a big deal to anyone proud of their country) a rub it against their genetelia.

You're talking about "punk attitude" - come on, this is a US band doing something stupid for the shock-effect in 2013 - not early 80's UK bands actually protesting against THEIR OWN society.

And finally - since this apparently turned into a political discussion although my original post had one purpose (for me to vent about something affecting me and my company) - you're talking about "capitalizing" as if that's something bad ... Dude, you own a record label - don't tell me you're in this business to look pretty - you're doing this to make money! Why should someone who obviously are trying to build their career (in this case Leprous) and someone trying to "capitalize on it" (me!) find it cool what BHG is doing and just sit back and watch them basically take money away from us? Who in their right mind would do that? Explain to me why I should find it awesome and "give them credit" for what they've done to make my life/business harder?

That just makes NO SENSE whatsoever.

No, they don't deserve any credit whatsoever, as all they are doing is provoking just to provoke. If they wanted to take a political stance and make a point, they wouldn't have done it in such an immature way. Smart people would use their words, not take a flag (which SHOULD be a big deal to anyone proud of their country) a rub it against their genetelia.

Did not say it was the best way to make a point, but obviously it did something.

You're talking about "punk attitude" - come on, this is a US band doing something stupid for the shock-effect in 2013 - not early 80's UK bands actually protesting against THEIR OWN society.

a "punk attitude" is not exclusive to the UK Sir.

Dude, you own a record label - don't tell me you're in this business to look pretty - you're doing this to make money!

I never suggested that making money was a bad thing. However I would not go against my morals to make it. Not suggesting that you personally have any issue with Russia, but if I had bands touring through there I would have pulled out on principal but that is me.
Yeah maybe their (BHG) actions caused everyone to be punished but there is a great purpose here than a metal band touring through Russia. Still you could be right, maybe they just wanted attention for themselves, or maybe they are saying, "hey Russia fix your shit and stop allowing bigotry to run your country".
It sucks for those in the country who want to see these bands but hey sometimes that is how it goes. It sucked for those white people in Georgia who wanted to see Ray Charles but since ol' Jimmy Crow would not like black people in Ray got back on the bus. Of course this led to him being banned in the state and fines but still that was had it had to go down.
Sorry about your tour that really sucks, but Russia is screwed up right now and if small stupid little stunts like this cause controversy then more power to the stunt men and women.

It's only going to get worse for Russia, because SOMETHING is going to happen at the Olympics and I fear not for the good of their country. People are too fired up about the gay discrimination issue on both sides, it's going to be a powder keg since it will be televised across the world.

a "punk attitude" is not exclusive to the UK Sir.

This isn't punk attitude. This a bunch of ignorant wannabe-teenagers-but-stuck-in-40yr-old-bodies doing stupid shit for the shock value. Those guys in BHG can't even spell to "Russia" let alone have any real insight on the issues at hand in that country.

I never suggested that making money was a bad thing. However I would not go against my morals to make it. Not suggesting that you personally have any issue with Russia, but if I had bands touring through there I would have pulled out on principal but that is me.

Bullshit. You know very well you wouldn't do that. Besides, it's not up to YOU - any label trying to tell a band "you can't play there" would loose their bands right away.

Yeah maybe their (BHG) actions caused everyone to be punished but there is a great purpose here than a metal band touring through Russia. Still you could be right, maybe they just wanted attention for themselves, or maybe they are saying, "hey Russia fix your shit and stop allowing bigotry to run your country".

Again, that "greater purpose" I don't care about. I only care about one thing in this situation and that is that our band can't tour Russia right now, because of what BHG did. Politics are not why I made my original post. If I wanted to discuss politics, I'd find a different place/crowd to talk to than a bunch of metal fans.

Sorry about your tour that really sucks, but Russia is screwed up right now and if small stupid little stunts like this cause controversy then more power to the stunt men and women.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but it's unfortunately so full of hypocrisy and double standards that it's laughable Jeremy. If it was your wallet that was being hit by this "stunt", then you wouldn't be happy either.

This isn't punk attitude. This a bunch of ignorant wannabe-teenagers-but-stuck-in-40yr-old-bodies doing stupid shit for the shock value. Those guys in BHG can't even spell to "Russia" let alone have any real insight on the issues at hand in that country.

You very well could be right there Claus. Seems it would be a lose if the stupid disrespectful stunt had no purpose besides merely being jackasses.
Regardless of what a stupid band did with a flag or if a pop singer goes over there wearing rainbow nail polish this would happen, either way. It was bound to happen because that is a funky place area right now where Putin will find any excuse for his craziness.

Bullshit. You know very well you wouldn't do that. Besides, it's not up to YOU - any label trying to tell a band "you can't play there" would loose their bands right away.
You really don't know me that well obviously

Again, that "greater purpose" I don't care about. I only care about one thing in this situation and that is that our band can't tour Russia right now, because of what BHG did. Politics are not why I made my original post. If I wanted to discuss politics, I'd find a different place/crowd to talk to than a bunch of metal fans.

Here is an idea for you that well make a political statement (if you are into that, get you publicity, that in the long run could led to making monry, and will allow you continue the trip through Russia. Just drive through the country in a rainbow bus waving rainbow flags, someone is bound to notice.HAHA Sure this will not get you back the gigs but I'm sure it will gain attention and get your band some publicity. Use this to your advantage, take lesson from BHG.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but it's unfortunately so full of hypocrisy and double standards that it's laughable Jeremy. If it was your wallet that was being hit by this "stunt", then you wouldn't be happy either.

:rolleyes: