How one band can ruin it for all others ... aka I hate Bloodhound Gang

This thread jumped the musical shark long ago.

Lounge discussion.

312482cd_runaway_train_derailed_thread_soul_asylum.jpeg

Again, that "greater purpose" I don't care about. I only care about one thing in this situation and that is that our band can't tour Russia right now, because of what BHG did.

Russia tried to ban Sabaton for being Nazi's. If it wasn't BHG, it'd have been something else. Perhaps even Leprous themselves could've found themselves in trouble. I know you didn't want a political discussion but Russia isn't exactly the safest place for anyone with an opinion or in the arts right now.

Selena Gomez has cancelled her tour due to being denied a work visa:

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/...cels-Tour-of-Russia-Over-Work-Visa-Issues.htm

Selena Gomez's official website has erased several dates for concerts she was set to perform in Kiev, Ukraine and also Minsk, Belarus as well as dates in St. Petersburg, Russia.

The cancellations come after Russian officials reportedly denied a visa request for Gomez. The previous report suggests that Gomez fell victim to a controversial new law in Russia that bars "propaganda on nontraditional sexual relationships" to minors. The visa process for international musicians is said to be more rigid in Russia since Madonna and Lady Gaga spoke out for gay rights there last year.

Yeah, I think Russia's getting uptight. Not much you can do in that kind of an environment to avoid trouble, and to expect rock n' roll bands especially to avoid that kind of trouble is asking too much.