How set in stone is the Metal Meltdown show?

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Jack Koshick events are by and large the absolute worst way to spend a weekend, but I'm seriously considering going to just the Saturday show to see Testament & Vital Remains.

Is Testament 100% confirmed? It's worth my $30 to see them in front of 500 people. Hell, maybe I'll record the show and offer some copies up here.

markgugs said:
Is Testament 100% confirmed? It's worth my $30 to see them in front of 500 people. Hell, maybe I'll record the show and offer some copies up here.
I've been hearing a lot of people saying you have to buy both days, which
would be 60 bucks.

I've heard this from 5 people so far.
Can anyone corroborate what I've heard?

That would be new.

The NJ Metalfest always gave the option to buy the 2-day pass at about $55, or single-day tickets for $30 each (roughly). It's the most god-awful lineup I've ever seen this year, and I care about exactly 2 bands on Saturday night, so...

markgugs said:
Jack Koshick events are by and large the absolute worst way to spend a weekend, but I'm seriously considering going to just the Saturday show to see Testament & Vital Remains.

Well all 3 upcoming weekends in a row are set in stone, they are all Koshick events, we have our plan tickets, and plan on going & playing all 3......leave tonight for Florida, so I'd say yes it's 100% for sure........

It's a whopping $43.75(with charges, after $35) for a one day pass, which are available. That is if you go through ticketmaster like I did, but you could probably buy one at the door, I just don't know if Testament might sell this place out?

The venue is small and it shouldn't be hard to get a good view. It won't seem like there are a lot of people watching them, the room just isn't that big, but 500 could be about right.

And I can't stress enough how ghetto Irvington is. Good thing it's only 25 min away from me though, no need to drive far.

Oh, it's ghetto.

Put it this way, DEFINITELY get there early and take advantage of the $5 "secured" parking.

$35 is outrageous, but that's what it was last year. I'm going to take my chances that it won't sell out and try to get a ticket at the door on Saturday. I think Jack Koshick has made enough of a bad name about himself that many people avoid his fests altogether, regardless of who's playing.

Testament will almost assuredly be on the upstairs stage, and that room holds about 500-600 if packed. Overkill had it pretty packed last year, and it still wasn't bad. The sound is pretty good too.

Yeah I'll take this opportunity to say that my band's playing in it, and if anyone is interested in going, you can get tickets from us (unfortunately the bastard promoters only gave us the 2 day passes) without the shitty ticketmaster charges. We still have about 8 to go in our quota of 20 so let me know.

*shameless self promotion*
www.sempertyrannis.com

Heh, don't count on it.

Wait 'til you see the "cages" (I'm not kidding) that separate the bar/drinking area from the viewing area. You can't bring your beers around. You can at least see/hear from there, but still, you're fenced in. :)

Koshick, sigh.