Testament Playing March Metal Meltdown V in NJ??

DX

New Metal Member
Jan 11, 2003
NJ
www.donxml.com
Saw a post on the Overkill board about March Metal Meltdown V in NJ, and they had Overkill and Testament (with lots of additional bands) slated for this event. No news on the Tour page. Has this been confirmed? Here's the info:

http://www.marketyourmusic.com/MYMNews.htm

Venue Information:
Cricket Club Complex
415 16th Avenue
Irvington, New Jersey 07111

Tickets go on sale at all TICKETMASTER outlets this Saturday!

Confirmed National Acts include:
Hatebreed
Testament
Overkill
Goatwhore
Nile
Budgie (of Metallica fame)
Thundercore
Impaler
Dillenger Escape Plan
Dave Brocky Experience (former members of GWAR)
Pyrexia
Grave
God Awful
Status Quo
Seven Witches
Dog Fashion Disco
Darkane
Behemoth
Nuclear Assault
Withered Earth
All That Remains
Exciter
Sinner
Zandelle
Obscenity
Spearhead
Bloodstorm
Devine Empire
Yakuza
Sleeze Bees
Cromags
Suffocation

I'll be there to see Overkill, but it would be great if Testament was there too.

DX

:cry:

Why can't they do something like that in the Bay Area. :cry:

And in New fucking Jersey of all the lame ass places...

(My condolences and apologies to anyone who actually LIVES in New Jersey who might have been offended by that, but I'm sure most people from or in NJ would agree :p)

I live in NJ, and totally agree with your statement. The more people actually think NJ is a bad place, the less likely they are to move here, and the last thing we need is more people. Keep spreading the word that NJ is a bad place, and save NJ for the people that actually like living here.

But, the town that this show is playing is about the biggest hole you could possible imagine. Basically, take Compton and make to 10 times as bad, and you've got Irvington. Great place for a bunch of metalheads to be hanging out.:lol:

DX

If Koshick can keep this lineup, and add bigger names, that would be great.. BUT,.....it could also have to do with the watered-down lineup in Milwaukee, not to mention all the short sets and people getting cut off.... Remember, the New England Metalfest lineup is not available yet, so let's see how many of these bands do both. For those that remember, NEMF and NJMM were the same weekend in 2002, and from what I was told, NEMF blew NJMM away. I happened to be at both NEMF and Milwaukee,..and liked NEMF a little better, but it all comes down to fun and meeting new people, and Milwaukee was rewarding for me in that aspect. One must also realize that MMF did not come close to breaking even this past summer, from what had heard........so time will only tell in a situation like this.

Jack has a bad habit of saying a big name band like Testament is confirmed, but in reality they are not. It helps him sell tickets & get other bands to confirm. Along with poor orginization, never keeping to a time line,(so bands get their sets cut or cut off completely). He gets alot of other smaller bands to pay to play, in hopes of getting noticed by record people. The problems are numerous & always the same.

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace
Jack has a bad habit of saying a big name band like Testament is confirmed, but in reality they are not. It helps him sell tickets & get other bands to confirm. Along with poor orginization, never keeping to a time line,(so bands get their sets cut or cut off completely). He gets alot of other smaller bands to pay to play, in hopes of getting noticed by record people. The problems are numerous & always the same.

BRAVO. Well said (actually written) and I couldn't agree with you more!

Originally posted by Deadly Embrace

Jack Koshik is a fucking scum bag...PERIOD...the end!
Fuck him and his lame ass fests! Deadly Embrace said it perfectly.
He really pissed me off by having Sodom come all the way over here for the first time EVER and the scum bag only gave them a lousy 30 fucking minutes and charged them to rent guitars to play!
I personally HATE festivals with like 50 bands playing and the only 5 good bands get a lousy 30 minutes or so anyway. Why bother?